Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Big bad 4x4 test

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2000, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why quibble about little things, read this one. Here are some real problems.

"My Rancher is out of commision for a while"

http://forums.atvconnection.com/thre...FB=1&Tid=52724

Old 03-20-2000, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey... King of the lemmings....mmm.
Big THANKYOU TO ALL MINN POLARIS RIDERS who e- mailed Chris at PIONEER PRESS.WE even had TEX. Yamaha GUYS help out!!THANKS!!
NOTE FOR LOVINHONDA... ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!..with your post us lemmings ,even with our greater numbers,don"t stand a chance!!
OOOps. Even HONDAS have PROBLEMS with new models. The 98 450es had battery discharge recalls .Most new models take a couple of years of refinement before the product is perfected.In the 3 years the sportsman 500 has been out, there as been numerous problems DOCUMENTED in magazines and in this very forum.Polaris HAS addressed these issues and I believe it probably deserves "BEST OF CLASS" honors it got for this years model.
I bought my 450es in early 99 season.. and I bought it for the reasons I posted earlier..Ease of Maintain-ability and Durability.I personally like shifting ..so no big deal..to me!!
I, unlike others, am not having the BIG O over the new RUBICON....
It seems to be COPYING POLARIS features that most Honda riders DONT COVET!!
Want to sell a bunch of HONDAS?
MAKE A TRUE 600 ..2/4 wheel switch..keep it AIR COOLED.(HONDAS NEVER OVERHEAT!)Add 5 inches ground clearence..too much is not as good as just right, dont make it too hard to work on,(we"re still snickering over your ZERKS )keep it UNDER 600 LBS,and give buyers choice of auto or shift, not both.I do beleive there will be problems with this NEW SHIFTING TECH> on the RUBICON.
WITH SUCH A BIKE I WOULD BE KING ..

THANKS AGAIN !!.. BILL

Old 03-21-2000, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it take some sort of genuis to see the advantages of disk brakes over drums?Go to any forum you want and someone is bitching about the drums staying filled with with water and mud.That dont happen on disks brakes.==BILL

00 Xplorer 400cc 4x4
If you want to come in second''FOLLOW ME''

Old 03-21-2000, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys!

It all comes down to the same thing again. No matter who you are or where you come from or what you ride, we all automatically think/know our machines are the best. I ride a 400 Xplorer 1998 and I love it. When I go riding in the mud with my father-in-law and his SP500 we have a ball knagging each other about getting stuck. At the end of the day, we laugh about pushing each other out and keep score every season...its friendly competition. Even if I figure my bike is better than his its all subjective. He rides slower and eases his way through as for me I like to pin it and make the mud fly! My wife up till today rode an Xplorer 300 and let me tell you that I was glad to give her that old bike when I got my 400. She is not the most experienced rider out there but on every ride we do together she always ends up pulling some large-displacement top of the line quad out of the mud! One time we were crossing a 40 foot long mud hole and she went across with her feet in the air. The guys on there big and bad bikes laughed up a storm. They only made it half way threw! She pulled them both out! They rode off heads down...
So like I said we all have great bikes and most all this talk about drums vs. disks and 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke, Honda vs. Polaris...it's all about personal choice! On the trail, most riders don't see the differnce.

In our group we are the following:
Sportsman 335 and 500
Xplorer400
Xplorer 300(soon to be gone)
Scrambler 400(soon!)
Honda with new electric shift
Yamaha big bears (2)
Old Honda 250 1985..still runs great
etc... we all have a blast!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2000, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

I REMBER THE LAST BOMBADIER TEST IT HAD A LOT OF GROUND CLERANCE AND TREMENDUS AMOUNT OF TRACTION WITH TRUE 4X4 BUT THEY SAID THE SHOCKS WERE SO LOSE IT COULD NOT JUMP JUMPS ANY HIGHER THAN 4FT NO LIE STRAIGHT UP TRUTH I HAVE SEEN ONE IN REAL LIFE THEY ARE VERY WIDE AND TALL

Old 03-21-2000, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

POLARIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ATVS YOU CAN BUY THE BRAKES SUCK ON THE HODA THERE DRUM POLARIS IS DISIC AND POLARIS HAS A TRUE 4WD SYSTEM.

SO SHUT UP ATVING I LOVE MY POLARIS AND ILL PUT IT UP AGAINST ANY OLD POS HONDA

ATVING IF YOUR NOT GOING TO SAY SOMETHING NICE DONT SAY IT IF YOU DIS ON POLARIS YOU MIGHT GET HURT PUNK

EXPEDTION 425 4X4 POLARIS KING OF THE ATV'S

Old 03-21-2000, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say gwiz is hurt me baby hurt me...hehehe

Old 03-22-2000, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try going against my foreman with 12inches of ground clearance and soon to be locked and another couple of inches to the clerance! See who wins then!!!

Jared Hester

99 Foreman ES
-Lift Kit (Top)
-27" Mudmachines
-Rear tow hook
-Warn 2000lb Winch
-Diamond Plate Aluminum Skids
-bootguards
-Moose Super Bumper
-Handguards
-Storage Box
Soon to have:
-High Performance Kit
-Locker
-12x7 Aluminum Rims
-Wisco Piston/Cam (make 500cc)
-Lift Kit (bottom)

Polaris s@cks Ride red, ride HONDA!!!
-

Old 03-22-2000, 07:57 PM
Range Rover

<>

I like Hondas. They're okay. Wouldn't trade any one of my toys for one, but, they're okay.

Old 03-22-2000, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Mr.Lemmning replies:
Braking was both a performance and reliability problem.Because most of the quads in the survey are pre engine-braking system polarises those brakes see a lot of wear due to the free wheeling of the belt drive tranny when the throttle is off.
excerpt from owners survey
4 stroke Polaris ..what our readers really think!
4- wheel ATV Action JUNE 1999..page 51
it continues..Riders coming down hills are forced to rely entirely on the brakes
THIS CAUSES PREMATURE WEAR..THE ROTORS COULD USE SOME IMPROVEMENT >>BECAUSE THEY ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO WARPAGE...this from a dealer in Calif...who sells to FARMERS and TRAILRIDERS in nearby SIERRA NEVADAS...Also BELT BURNING..deep water leakage are discussed.FOR THE GOOD STUFF
Only 50% of readers were impressed with the brakes
Only 40% were impressed with ease of maintance
The BIG ONE...ONLY 40% Were IMPRESSED in VALUE FOR PRICE PAID !!
READ N WEEP or dont believe every thing THATS PRINTED...I DONT !!
SHOW me a reliable test where disc OUT PREFORMS CLEAN drum brakes in OUR conditions ,MUD, WET ..steep , long DOWNHILLS .not some show room Glitter... with HONDAS engine braking we dont need or want the cost per mile you Polaris riders will pay...

JUST another lemming not just ready to follow others over that cliff...!!

YOU LEAD... I'LL FOLLOW AMD MISS THE BAD STUFF !!

Quick Reply: Big bad 4x4 test