Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where are the 03 MAGNUM 500's

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i know that they aren't all bad, but when we left it wasn't bent, and half way through the trip on a gravel road i noticed his rear tire was wobbling. i drove my XR 250 everywhere's he did and he didn't do any jumps. mabey it bent when he hit the mud hole and rolled it on his side. the bike pinned him under the water, but luckily there was lots of people there to get it off of him. but still i can't see this bending an axel. the bike was only a year old too, which in my opinion ashouldn't have had as many problems as his. (at least warrenty covered it!!!!!! lol)

Old 08-06-2002, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe they are looking to reintroduce the Mag 500 later, a Possible redesign, or revamp?
This quad was a great quad, too good to drop, maybe they will re-release it later, I hope.

Old 08-06-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

<< mabey it bent when he hit the mud hole and rolled it on his side. the bike pinned him under the water, but luckily there was lots of people there to get it off of him. but still i can't see this bending an axel. >>

LOL !!! Just MAYBE! That could have POSSIBLY bent the axle...LOL! You can't blame the axle for that, no matter how old or new.

Just the other day at work, (I work at a bike shop fixing and selling bicycles...lol) some guy came back with a brand new bike that he just bought. This is a $500 ENTRY-LEVEL dual suspension downhill mountain bike. He says that all he did was ride it off of a curb going &quot;regular&quot; speed, but looking at the rear wheel, I just laughed. It was sooo freaking bent! I told him, &quot;No man, you didn't go off of a curb. You ran INTO a curb!&quot; This thing was horrible. lol Anyways, he tried blaming it on the bike and went on to tell me that I was full of sh*t and that a bike that costs that much shouldn't have the wheels bending so easily and bla bla bla.

Anyways...It was OBVIOUSLY abuse and not a faulty product. But, being the nice guy that I am, I fixed it free of charge. I was biting my tongue the whole time. I just wanted to call him a dumb*ss to his face, but I can't do that.

Moral to the story... I don't think your friend can blame the bent axle on the Magnum on a faulty product.

Old 08-06-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

BTW, the more I think about it, the more I get p*ssed off about Polaris dropping the Magnum 500. There will ALWAYS be a demand for a solid axle big bore (is 500cc still a big bore any more?). There will always be a time when someone prefers a solid axle over IRS. Do they think they are gonna make everyone IRS converts??? They think that everyone wants IRS??? They are way off. They gotta wake up and get their heads out of their *****. Put a 600 or 700 in the Magnum too, and it WILL sell. Were they having too big of a problem selling the Magnum 500's? Did they lose that much money on them that they had to drop the model totally? STUPID. S-T-U-P-I-D.

They better be planning on re-introducing the Magnum 500. Maybe even a 600 and a 700. Lighter, faster, and better than ever. And as far as them not wanting to put the same engine in the Magnum line as their flagship(Sportsman) line. HA! FLAGSHIP SMAGSHIP! Put that 700 in a Magnum and let it rip!

Old 08-06-2002, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

polaris must not be thinking of anyone who is doing work with there atv (which that is what the sport-utilities like the magnum are supposed to do) I mean to drop the expedition, and magnum 500 and magnum 500 RMK and the sportsman 6x6 what is the thinking of that!!!!!?????!! only thing they droped were strait axles!!!! now what do u do work with...and what about the people who really need that 6x6 for hard work!!!!!!!and hauling!

Old 08-06-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

You wanna a great big bore solid axle? Get a Kawi 650. You want the best in a big bore with IRS? Get a SP500HO or SP600. Have the best of both worlds if you can afford it. I am still not a believer in the SP700. But I do like what Polaris has done this year with their new quads.

Right now I own a Kawi 650 with plans to get the SP600. I just went to two Polaris dealers today to start some negotiations and fact finding. I hope to get a SP600 and put my 27&quot; Gators on that. Then get some 26&quot; Suretracks for my 650 and sport that out more.

Daryn

Old 08-07-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

DUstanko- your pictures work for me now. nice ride, i love camo. it hides all the scratches, and looks cool.

the flip in the mud hole souldn't have broken the axel, he only rolled it on it's side, it didn't even make it totally upsidedown. it doesn't really matter now though cause he likes his sp700 and that's all that matters

Old 08-07-2002, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

I think that Polaris still offers the 500 with a stright axes in thier professional series.
These are the ones that are built for work. I believe that the Magnum and a couple of Rangers are in that linup. Take a look i'm sure it is still available.

Old 08-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

I don't want to start an argument, but I'm just going to state my thoughts.

<< the flip in the mud hole souldn't have broken the axel, he only rolled it on it's side, it didn't even make it totally upsidedown. >>

I thought you said he just bent the axle? The axle was designed to withstand the weight of the quad and rider when the rubber side is DOWN, not on it's side. A friend of mine bent the axle on his Honda 300 4x4 from riding on 2 wheels (sideways) all the time.

scottaboshia,

The Professional Series offer's the Polaris 500 with a non-H.O. engine. They say it has a 20 or 25 mph speed limiter to &quot;keep construction zones safe.&quot; The speed limiter is supposed to be impossible to tamper with, but my guess is a dealer could do it for someone if they really wanted. But why have to go through all that just for a Magnum 500? It's basically the Magnum 500 4x4, but it comes in yellow , it think it comes with the diamond plated steel cargo boxes, and it says &quot;Professional Series&quot; on the side.

Old 08-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Text

The magnums are still available. Here is the link.

Quick Reply: Where are the 03 MAGNUM 500's