Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Honda Lemon?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2000, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guess I am crazy to it helps being that way when you have real 4 wheel drive and the nerve to do something with it...hope this statement doesn't come back to haunt me. I really don't think anyone was putting the Honda down sand that was the reason they posted over here instead of somewhere else by somebody else...know what I mean vern...anyway just one question first you said you didn't do any mud riding which was believeable and then you said you had yours in mud up to your seat??? And sand just ask these guys I used to be a polaris hater just ask any of these guys we have gotten into some pretty good wars on here. But now I own one of the gang and have taken the secret silent oath to keep quiet about break downs or repairs. I came to the conclusion after doing rigorous research that most of the problems with polaris is on the older bikes although there is still some problems with tie rod ends and brakes. But I have come to realize and I always did give credit where credit was due when I was giving polaris riders he## that I would never dispute, polaris is a he## of a bike in the mud or climbing these guys will also tell you that. In ending I read an article on here or somewhere that explained the situation with Honda is that it has been the basic same bike for 10 years with almost no changes other than to bore it out 50cc and add ES which is a good example of my point. As Honda starts to upgrade their machines you will start to see more problems than you usually do. Polaris does this on a 1 to 2 years basis...But most importantly have fun and ride safe and stay off the road...I had to put that one in hehehe

Old 03-20-2000, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

This ain't over yet! Your quad is trash!HAHAHA lets see how long we can keep this age old arguement going. Honda owners are stupid na na na na!

Old 03-20-2000, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

i have a polaris 425 expedtion and it will kick HODA,S *** ANY OLD DAY SAME GOES FOR KWASAKI AND YAMAHA AND SUSKI I GAURANTEE THAT 100%

Y2K POLARIS EXPEDTION 425 NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER
NO HILL TO STEEP NO MUD HOLE TO DEEP.

Old 03-20-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you on the sled issue. But my point was that the CVT trannies can take the abuse.

As for trails here in Maine, there are many. Here is a link to the Maine State Bureau of Parks and Land, you can get all the contacts info you need there. It is a good site.
http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks.htm#All

I personaly ride the local powerlines mostly, but I have been on a few of the trails and they are kept very nice. And it is said you can get to every part of the State from any trail. All the trails are said to intersect.

Old 03-22-2000, 10:55 PM
Range Rover

Hey Sand draggin, first of all, the 250R is the four wheeler of the decade undecidedly.. but, when you get ready to see some real "MUD" bring her down here to texas. I'll show you mud.. the kind of mud that sinks Honda Foreman 450's up to the fenders but Sportsmans seem to go through quite easily. Even though your 250R will outrun mine, it won't go half the places mine will.

Old 03-22-2000, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

Mike,i have a friend with a 1987 Honda 250R that
is built up,He raced two guys with built Sport 400L's Polaris quads and blew them away from start
and steadily pulled away in every gear.One of the Polaris guys is a mechanic at a Polaris dealer.It
was really funny to watch because they both thought they could beat the "R" because they could
beat a stock Banchee.I rode the one guys Polaris
and thought it was pretty fast though compared to my rancher.

Old 03-24-2000, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Why do people start these type of posts. They ony cause bad feelings. All atv's will break down because they are all mechanical. Some people take better care of theres then others. Some people use there atv rougher then others. I love my polaris but I have seen some very nice atv's out there that were not polarises.

This spring when I go up north on my next trip. I am going to give my polaris expedition 425 cc 5 speed, One heck of an over due bath. Top to bottom. Then Im going to take someone's advice in the atv forum and buff it with mop & glo. It will be spit shined and good looking. When its dry, im going to put on the new winch cover I bought for my warn. 2000 winch in the front. I bought a rear bumper And will put that on. Its the 2 bar type and of course matches the bumper in the front. I have short extender bars on the front storage rack and One of those 2 gun gun racks that bolts on to that extender bar. In the back I have the taller extender bar and I have the tamarrack utility box in it. In about a month from now, I will be buying
26" mud bug tires by maxxis and alluminum rims. Probably about 5 to 10 lbs. ligher then stock tires. This atv is going to look real sharp. Thats all I can say. Then Im going to take it out and get it MUDDY and see how good the new tires are in the real tough water/mud holes.

ranger chet, polaris expedition 425 cc 5 speed.
ps:
You all have fun on your atv, no matter what brand it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2000, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

RangerChet,
You sound just like me. Spend a day cleanin' up my ride, just to take it out and get it muddy. I think there's something wrong with the logic in that. hehe

I think you'll be happy with that wheel/tire combo. I've seen a couple of Polaris's with them, and nobody is complaining.

Brian

Old 03-24-2000, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Old 03-24-2000, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

You are all pretty stupid you know that dont you?? Jesus, i am 17 years old and i dont bit*h this much about my friends polaris, as a matter of fact i like his Magnum. God you all need to grow up. Go ride your fourwheelers and be happy with it. jeeeeeeeezzzzzz........

Quick Reply: Honda Lemon?!