Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought an 02 Trailblazer and it serves my needs well enough but I would like to do something about the hesitation, if possible. I would like to know what clutch kits and pipes have been used by forum members, or your friends, and what you think about them, how they perform, do they really make a difference, etc. And I don't mean to be rude right off but, to those of you so inclined, telling me I should have bought an EX400, Raptor, DS650, Z400 or should have waited for the Predator, it is a moot point. I bought the Trailblazer for a reason and the rest of us are all very well aware of your predjudices and preferences, narrow minded as they may be, and don't need to be reminded of your expert opinion on a daily basis. I thank you in advance for your omission of such recommendations.

Old 08-13-2002, 06:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Hello, you had a choice in buying a machine and this is what you bought,so it really doesnt matter what others think. The hesitation on the 250 comes mostly from it being a piston port motor.They dont have alot of low end response.A good matched pipe,clutch kit, and carb jetting will yield excellent results. I personally praise HPD products, but also Rick Ritter (Rittercycle.com)is a super guy and will help out as much as possible and his products work great as well. For the bang for the buck, it is hard to beat Ritter's stage one which comes with a pipe and silencer,clutch spring, and jetting. Not hard to install, and gives great results. If you want a bigger bang, then get HPD's trail pipe along with their matched complete clutch kit.(hpd-inc.com)Just from my experience with these 2 people, and you can get good tech help from both. I hope this may help you,Bubba

Old 08-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

a good hi flow air filter and a tad lower gearing (1-2 teeth taller on the rear sprocket) will make it easier to skip past the hesitation.And is very affordable.

but if you can afford it do one the stage one kits from a good polaris tuner, definately a big differnce.(about $350-$425)

Old 08-13-2002, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know what your reason for buying a TB is but mine was
initially because it had the best bang for the buck! Now I have
two of them. One is stock the other is all mods. Go with either
HPD or RCR and get the complete kit. It will make a big difference!

my quad

Old 08-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just for the record, I bought a Trailblazer primarily for the extreme ease of operation so friends and family could ride it without any trouble. I do like to romp around on the twisty desert trails and the TB is good enough for that (any faster I may become more intimate with a cactus than I'd care to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ). I thought about a Scrambler but was concerned about the power for some of the people I take riding. Anyway, thanks for the info thus far. I've both read and heard that a pipe and clutch kit has little effect on a Trailblazer, and that engine mods are required for any noticable performance improvement. I find that a little surprising, and perhaps those statements were made by people expecting unrealistic gains from entry level mods. I may have to try a high flow air filter and larger rear sprocket, that might just do the trick (thanks for the tip PolarisMech).

Old 08-14-2002, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

Hay Arriza

You really will never get rid of the hesitation in the throttle, what I have learned is to keep my thumb on the throttle very lightly, keeping the cluch spinning just enough to sit there and but not move the quad

Well, to put it this way..You try to wheely the stock TB yet? Well, after I put the Stage one kit from Ritter on it, it was way easier and made it so much more enjoyable..it will not make the TB a rocket..but it will snap alittle faster off the line

I'll tell you alittle story, right now I can't ride cause I broke my leg in three places on my TB...I STOOD IT STRIGHT UP when I whaled on the throttle and she gripped really good..TRY that stock, Ritter is the best IMHO

In fact as soon as I start working i'm getting the higher compression head from Ritter, which he said would make it alittle snapper,and I believe him
Give Rick a call, he will set you up

Old 08-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

<< a good hi flow air filter and a tad lower gearing (1-2 teeth taller on the rear sprocket) will make it easier to skip past the hesitation.And is very affordable.

but if you can afford it do one the stage one kits from a good polaris tuner, definately a big differnce.(about $350-$425)
>>

Thanks man, I'll have to try that when the spockets need to be replaced

Old 08-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm looking for a stock exaughst for a 2000 TB250. It has an aftermarket pipe on now and has seen better days. Anyone know where to get them? How much? Anyone have one they'd like to get rid of? TIA

As for wheelying a TB250??? Mine must be weak because there is no way thats happening.

Old 08-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bummer about the leg Sisyphus2k2, hope you're not laid up for too long. Thanks for the info. everyone. It's lookin' like the RCR kit is the best deal, by quite a few dollars, so I'll be givin' Rick a call before too long. I'll be sure to post after I install the kit and let you know the results.

Old 08-15-2002, 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

arriza,

When your upgrades are complete and when/if you feel you don't need the stock exaughst give me a shout. If reasonable I'll take it off your hands. I beleive the 2002 exaughst will fit the 2000. TIA

Quick Reply: Trailblazer mods?