Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why such hatred against Polaris?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No question about it,Polaris has more problems than any other manufacture on todays market.I had two Polaris ATVs[1999 Sportsman 500 and 2000 Xplorer] that were nothing but breakdown nightmares.Allways something wrong with the damn things allmost all the time.Just fix one thing,go riding for an afternoon,and you'll find something else to fix????Dont bother preaching to me about maintenance,NOBODY maintains an ATV better than myself!

I finally am giving up on Polaris ATVs,im turning to the boring[but RELIABLE] Honda products.I've been selling Honda ATVs all yr at our local dealership and have only had to repair one [Recon]for battery failure.Thats a great track record if you ask me?

My sister dealership is a muti-line dealership and they also sell Polaris.One trip to their back repair facility and you see more Polaris ATVs in for repairs than any other make.Go to any ATV related Forum,its allways Polaris thats posting about the most problems with their ATVs.Last yrs Poker run had 7 breakdowns,6 of them were Polaris!I could go on/on,but you know what im saying!!

Im the first to say that Polaris ATVs are the most fun to ride and have a TON of extra features on their quads vs others,however,the ''down time''in the shop for repairs has taken its toll on me and im ready to move on to the boring but reliable Honda products.

''I know I'll come in second place,but at least I'll be riding!!!

Bill

Old 08-16-2002, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

<< No question about it,Polaris has more problems than any other manufacture on todays market.I had two Polaris ATVs[1999 Sportsman 500 and 2000 Xplorer] that were nothing but breakdown nightmares.Allways something wrong with the damn things allmost all the time.Just fix one thing,go riding for an afternoon,and you'll find something else to fix????Dont bother preaching to me about maintenance,NOBODY maintains an ATV better than myself!

I finally am giving up on Polaris ATVs,im turning to the boring[but RELIABLE] Honda products.I've been selling Honda ATVs all yr at our local dealership and have only had to repair one [Recon]for battery failure.Thats a great track record if you ask me?

My sister dealership is a muti-line dealership and they also sell Polaris.One trip to their back repair facility and you see more Polaris ATVs in for repairs than any other make.Go to any ATV related Forum,its allways Polaris thats posting about the most problems with their ATVs.Last yrs Poker run had 7 breakdowns,6 of them were Polaris!I could go on/on,but you know what im saying!!

Im the first to say that Polaris ATVs are the most fun to ride and have a TON of extra features on their quads vs others,however,the ''down time''in the shop for repairs has taken its toll on me and im ready to move on to the boring but reliable Honda products.

''I know I'll come in second place,but at least I'll be riding!!!

Bill
>>

I think I might know the problem your atv had. A lot of quads suffer from this and their isn't much to do. The problem is the nut behind the throttle. I think others may refer to it as rider ignorance.

Old 08-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hondu,
Ignorance/Nut?Dude,you have your nerve.If you cant handle a honest post from a previous Polaris OWNER,than dont read the damn thing.

Calling me a nut and ignorant shows the readers just how intelligent you are when it comes to ATVs.It reflects who the REAL ignorant nut is!!

Bill

Old 08-17-2002, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Seems odd that Polaris got hammered about the &quot;Belt Drive&quot;, I believe there several other units using a drive system remarkably similar.
I have a '97 300 Express that started out life as a rental machine, when the 2000's came out I got it. There has been a few repairs to do nothing major, front wheel bearings, chain and sprockets, tires.
I have ridden the Piaute Trail twice with it, Aug.'01 &amp; Aug.'02. It has been hooked up to the pulling sled to many times to keep track of, most of them in front, however as a pullback unit also.
Would I buy a Polaris again, only if if were a Yellow 500-HO,(or any other color).
3 Honda's, 1 Yamaha, 1 Polaris in this yard. No Dodge's though.
Pullerguy Les

Old 08-17-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

&quot;For some of us, a great ride, along with plenty of power for the way we like to ride is more than enough&quot;,
couldn't said it more than that the way i see my riding on my scram,enjoy yours POLARIS quad.

Old 08-17-2002, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer

This is the way I see it. We ride what we like and you ride what you like. lets just leave it at that!
We all have our own opinion as to which quad is &quot;best&quot;

Polaris is the only way out!!!

Old 08-17-2002, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer

Ok so POLARIS has problems, I replaced a tie rod end on my 2000 model sp500. I had it 2 yrs, pulled a trailer that would hold half a rick of wood and hauled about 20 loads out of the woods. Used it for hunting and playing, that thing would go anywhere. I drive a chevy 1 ton so I guess I do like big AMERICAN 4x4s. My POLARIS was so smooth, powerful and trouble free that I traded it off. Now I ride {drive} a POLARIS ranger!

Old 08-17-2002, 09:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

-How many Honda/Toyota Auto owners would concider an American/Domestic Automobile?

-How many Honda/Toyota Auto owners would speak favorably about an American/Domestic Automobile?

drive/ride what you want.....believe that the choice you made was a good one..........but STOP trying to CONVERT a Proud Polaris owner to buy a Japanese Product! it's as rediculus as answearing &quot;YES&quot; to the questions above!

Muddy4Life does a GREAT JOB cutting and pasting! i think he's WASTING his time! it's common knownedge that the Polaris Quality has turned FANTASTIC, almost off the scales in the last few years!
i hope he returns to the Polaris Family someday. although it will be difficult.........after all, he's a HONDA SALESMAN and it wouldn't look good to his BOSS or his CUSTOMERS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

for every Polaris owner that had a problem there are 100 that have not had one!

So to all of you polaris bashers: get a life, go to your own forum, and talk about the FUN you're having with your brand ATV!

later,
MTPockets

P.S. the only thing us Polaris owners are convinced about is how good it feels to own a trouble-free ATV that is TRUELY AMERICAN MADE!

Old 08-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Mtpockets,I usally agree with your posts.However muddy4life seems to be one of the civilized polaris bashers.He does not rant and rave pissonpolaris style. Just answers the question without the usual crap.The posts are to the point and non offensive,unlike some of the 11 year old that come in here.

Old 08-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!

Personally, it doesn't matter to me what he thinks of Polaris. But, I have seen him post in other forums. It would seem that he is on a one man crusade to rid the world of the (said in the mad doctor voice) EEEVILLLL Polaris. Not trying to be mean, but I don't think you can take your bad experiences and make a blanket statement that all Polaris are junk. MINE AREN'T!!!!! All five of them.

Scott[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Why such hatred against Polaris?