Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Alcohol

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 12:06 PM
CED
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone running alcohol on there 400.I need to know which reeds you guys are using.Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-05-2002, 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, send an e-mail to pudjumpr (or pudjumper). Jay has been running alcohol for awhile now on his 98 model sport. It is a 411 fully modded. I've been talking with him on his setup because I think I'm fixin to make the switch. the only carb to go with would be FTZ's. Also have to have their fuel pump. Hope this helps,Bubba

Old 09-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You can also do a search under Trailblazer mods to find the Bad Boyz site. There are a couple of guys who used to run it...they don't anymore. Not sure if it was reliability, cost, or maybe performance wasn't quite there. If you run the 15.5:1 dome with the race porting, and have the new ATV8 pipe, you get power and reliability. As the Polaris engineers who took mine for a spin..."this pipe has no dead spots" was the response. That's a complement to HPD, not me spoutin' off. They did the pipe right, don't know why you'd want to mess with alky.

Ken just my 2c

Old 09-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

i 100% agree,the HPD race pipe with the proper porting job done along the heads can't match performances power with stock bore engine with 108+ octane gas,i tried the race with no porting at all in trail mod too and this pipe don't restrict at ALL,any throttle positions it light fast.

Old 09-05-2002, 02:24 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I agree with you guy's totally.Just looking to get a little more.I have been running this setup for a little over a year now with no problems.I am also still on the stock bore.

Old 09-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

well i think if you want more with full hpd race mod kit,lightened,stretch,widened it,gearing is also something to get MORE

Old 09-05-2002, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

well i think if you want more with full hpd race mod kit,lighten,stretch,widened it,gearing is also something to get MORE,shave some weight off,you'll see the results,clutching is also very important,it take a dynometer to really fine tune your quad,i'm right now trying to get the right clutching for my new gearing setup (15-30),it seem really at edge performances right now but still have some dead spots,more dyno run to come...

Old 09-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

well i think if you want more with full hpd race mod kit,lighten,stretch,widened it,gearing is also something to get MORE,shave some weight off,you'll see the results,clutching is also very important.

Trust me he has done been there, CED check out the bad boys fourm if you cant find it let me know I will email the add. to you. Dennis just got finsihed building a new alky bike im sure he has a lot to say about it. Pudjumper has been there to I have his # if you want to call him great guy. You better do something becuase if I ever get this $%$## back together im coming for you. Plus this winter my sport will prob. be getting drunk to.

Old 09-05-2002, 04:13 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Sporty whats up,did you get to go sunday.Please e-mail me those #'s.

Old 09-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Hey Ken, My pipe doesnt have any flat spots either, but I guess the fact that it engages at 4200-4300 at runs 7500 on top end couldnt hurt anything,huh? ha ha. I almost strictly drag this one now, so alcohol is in the near future for me. 18%-20% gain in power will put it ahead of the pack. Jay is presently messing with nitro combo on his machine. Sounds like they dont want to play around anymore. Nitro is very caustic, so less time between teardowns. More power and fun = more working on it. GOTTA PAY TO PLAY!!!!Bubba

Quick Reply: Alcohol