Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 500 HO owner satifaction

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for opinions or owner satisfaction (Or disatisfaction) with Polaris 500 HO. I am considering adding one to my stable and would like to know how reliablity has been with this model. This would be my first Polaris ATV. It has a lot of features that I find attractive including enormous ground clearance. I ride in very rocky and muddy/snowy areas in the North East and this machine seems like it would be great for the riding conditions here. Appreciate any input from other 500 HO owners.

Old 09-05-2002, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I ride it and only grease it. 600 miles since Jan and no problems. I would buy it again!

Old 09-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

I have had my "HO" almost two years now (3 sportsman in family, two HO)and love it. I have had dealer do all check-ups and have 350 HRS, 2400 miles on mine. Buy it you will be happy.

Mark

Old 09-05-2002, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have only had my HO for a little while now, but I love it. I have yet to have any problems with it. I love the independent suspension and the ground clearence that it has.

Where abouts in the NE are ya?

Old 09-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

There are about 10 Sportsmans (of various sizes and model years including several HOs) in our remote cottage area. Access is either by boat or by an extremely rough trail cut through the forest. We use Sportsmans because of the suspension; the smoother ride makes the access road somewhat tolerable. Almost all the machines now have high mileage, and several are approaching 10,000 miles. Without exception, clutch servicing is required at 3-6K intervals, and frequent greasing is required. But the machines have proven to be very reliable.

Old 09-05-2002, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

Ebel,

The '03 Sportman's won't require the frequent greasing(or at least not as much greasing)...most of the zerks have been replaced by 'lube-for-life' bushings. Whether or not that is a good thing is up to the individual. Some like it, some don't.

Old 09-05-2002, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have owened a couple other polaris and they work good i just sold my expadition 425 and bought a 2003 500 ho and i have rode it some and let me tell you you will love this machine good power excellent reliablity so far and feels like a millon bucks if you get one you will love it !!!! hay i see your from the north east where???? and i see another guy in here from bangor maine and just to let you know i paid $6,200 for it and some awesome deals on acc .

Old 09-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks a million to all who replied. It looks like everyone really likes their machines. I see two of you are from Maine. I live in RI. I'm actually looking for riding areas in Mass., Maine and NH. Not many legitimate riding areas in RI (Well none actually) Any advice? Anyone know the requirements/permits for these states? Someone mentioned clutch service, does anyone know what this entails? Not a big deal, just curious. I think I'm sold on this model.

Thanks Again everyone

Old 09-05-2002, 10:12 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

We have four (3 HOs and one non-HO) and all have been outstanding machines. The ground clearance combined with the smooth ride of the independant suspension makes it unbeatable. I personnally have purchased two and I would buy another if something were to happen to my 2002. The Goodyear Rawhide tires (stock) on the 2003 models are EXCELLENT tires.

I highly recomend the 500HO.

Quick Reply: Polaris 500 HO owner satifaction