Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

4x4 WARS ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big bad sport machines have their FSW. I think we should try and put together a 4x4 wars. I`ve thought of some preliminary events feel free to add or change. We may not want too many for time reasons but enough to challenge everything that makes a good 4x. This is similar to the ToughTruck Challenge that Four Wheeler Magazine has. A test for the best off road vehicle.

THE T-BOG
A mud bog that is shaped like a T. You start at the bottom of the T go to the end turn left, go until your front bumper touches the wall put it in reverse back up to the other side of the T until your back bumper touches the wall, put it in forward and drive back to where you started. Shortest time wins.

EXCELERATION & BRAKING
A 300 ft speed run from a dead stop and coming to a dead stop again in the shortest distance. Combined shortest time and distance wins.

THE LOG ROAD
A 150 ft road only 8 ft wide with various sized logs across at different angles with various spacing and covered with mud.

HILL CLIMB
A stone hill like you see at a quarry or highway maintenance depot. I think this would give everyone the same unchanging traction. Again shortest time wins.

Posibly some sort of pulling and slalom events too.

Coming up with fair classes is tough. Here`s what I`ve thought of.

Divided by tire size 22, 23, 24, 25 ect. Then divide between stock and aftermarket tires. IMO tires will give you a better advantage in more events than a stronger motor.

This will be for fun and bragging rights only. All brands encouraged to participate.

All we need is some land (preferably the NE so I can attend). I`m sure there will be many takers we may need to limit the number of entrants or else have it for 2 days vs 1.

Thoughts Anyone !!!

Old 09-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

i would love to attend and help out pay the rent costs, but i live quite far far far far away, all the way in Alberta Canada. just the thought of comparing my modded 500HO against other quads with there mods would be awsome. too bad i live far away from you.

Old 09-24-2002, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

3TV
I knew you were into trucks also but I didn`t know it was so big. To build a truck capable of qualifying is quite an undertaking and to finish in the top 3... to say the least I am very impressed.

I used to race trucks in the local events around here also. Mostly mud bogging but we had a couple of good obstacle coarse events also and some sand drags. Trucks were too expensive so I got into atv`s they can take the abuse without breaking (too often) stock vs trucks.

I`ve been a fan of the tough truck comp. for many years (mid 80`s) and have wanted to have one for atv`s for many years. As you noticed many of my events were borrowed from that event. They even had the T-bog in the 80`s. Someday I will seriously look into having this event even if I have to buy the land myself.

The local club I belong to has 1200 acres they lease for riding on but you need to be a member to ride there for insurance reasons. I`ve tried to get use of the land for the event but they won`t go for it. I could probably use the club name and personnel to promote it but it can`t be held on club property. So I`m SOL for now.

Old 09-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

3tv,
are you the jeep with the viper moter stuffed into it? if so,dude!!!! i'm not sure its you, but that jeep was the baddest thing i'v seen in a long time!!!!
as for the 4x4 wars. hell, i'l drive 1000 miles just to attend such an event!!!! in michigan, theres a park called the mounds. this park would be good for the wars, all exept for the hill climb. if anyone ever gets it together, i'll be there with my 589 mt's strapped on, heehee.

my pictures