Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Time for Aledo!!! Sporty/Bubba

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for Aledo!!! Sporty/Bubba

Look foreward to seeing some polari (plural??) showing up. We have a dozen trophies to give out. We can find a class for you polaris guys. Everyone is welcome. I just stumbled acroos the thread here. Come out!!!

Old 10-13-2002, 12:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay, you can be glad you didnt go to springhill yesterday. the didnt check the computers until time to race, and they wouldnt work. We waited for 2 hours getting things started. We left there at 2:00 and they were still running. I went ahead and drove to the house. Was pulling in the driveway with the sun coming up behind me. I havent pulled a 24 hour day in years. We didnt get our first time trial until about 10:00 or later. I was proud of the sport with regular turf tamers on the back. They dont give speed there, but it ended up running some 5.2's. The air was so heavy (fog) that the track was steadily going away and tuning to almost mudlike. If I had some better tires I believe I could have run at least a .1 better or so. I ended up losing when the wheeler decided all of a sudden to point to the wall. That was the track for you. It was fun but took way too long. You picked a good time not to go.Bubba

Old 10-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba...good job on the 5.2's. I'm glad I didn't go considering what happened. We have had alot of misfortune's at our local track that kept us racing until 3 in the morning so I know where your coming from. I've not yet talked to Dale, but I'm sure he wasn't very happy either; driving all that way. I bet that bed felt good today. Next year you and the Mrs. will have to come to our track for a little racing. There is a 1800 acre riding area 12 miles from the track. Would make for a good weekend of riding. Maybe we can get modquad and others to join us.

Jay

Old 10-13-2002, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We are definitely going to do some traveling next year. We might not be done yet this year if the weather holds good. Let me know the schedule on your track if there is any more race days. I know my wife would like to try out her new wheeler. I have to tell you that her 01 scrambler with the stock tires and her driving with no wheelie bars went a 5.83. That's trail modded with the stock carb. I had to pull it down last week and bore it, so I trail ported it. It really runs good. I did buy her a 91 Suzuki 250 quadracer for the sand, so she really wants to ride it. Let me know on the track, and we still might make another sahara visit yet. Talk to you later,Bubba

Old 10-14-2002, 02:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'll be up for some roadtripin' next summer.....still don't know where the airline industry will lead me, another round of layoffs coming. Anyone doin' Silver Lake, or the Indiana Badlands the next two weekends, I'll probably be there. Can't wait to run a timed sand track.

Ken

Old 10-14-2002, 12:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ken, if we make the trip to ST Louis area, Dana said you'd better show up or else.LOL. There's lot of miles between us, but maybe we can hook up one day.Bubba

Old 10-14-2002, 06:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like a plan. I'll be there. Kinda disappointed that the next St. Louie race isn't for a while.....sigh, oh well. Tap, tap, tap, still waiting on the Predator.

Ken

Old 10-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

Well Aledo is this weekend. Its put up or shut up time. Bubba / Sporty You comming?

BM98

Old 10-17-2002, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Bansheeman I had to use my riding money to getmy wife out oftown when the storm jumped up to level four so that left me chosing between Aledo and LA Dunes trick a treat weekend well my bike is setup for sand more than dirt so I chose LA Dunes hopefully some of yall will make it down there.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

BUBBA, TRIED TO CALL YOU AT WORK THEY SAID YOU WERE WITH A CUST.BUT i SEE WHERE U WERE.
CALL ME TK

Quick Reply: Time for Aledo!!! Sporty/Bubba