Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator - huge sales numbers in November??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator - huge sales numbers in November??

I went to my local Polaris/Honda/Harley dealer today. I was surprised to hear that the manager had ordered 32 predators with his initial order? That number seems huge for a new quad? I am picking up a Troy Lee predator on day 1(talked myself out of a cannondale), but I do not personally know anyone else who is waiting for delivery. They probably want to ride mine first. I obviously didn't learn my lesson with the first-year raptor. Anyone else have any numbers from their area?

Old 10-19-2002, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

nukerainbow,

Your dealer may have placed an order for that many, but I doubt he'll get even 1/4 of what he ordered. Word on the street is that the Predator will be a limited production machine for the first year to see if it sells.

Old 10-20-2002, 03:38 AM
Trailblazer

my dealer ordered 8 cross country and 2 troy lees and I live on the edge of the boonies. Seemed like alot to me. He says hes slated to receive all of them by the first week of dec for sure. He said optimistically we should have em in early november.

Old 10-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

I talked a local Polaris salesman(Adams Motorsports) and he said that they ordered two. Both are still available. They also sell Kawasaki and Suzuki. This is a strange place, because their Z-400 was available
for a long time when it came out. I did not ask about a price, but I think they overprice everything.

Old 10-20-2002, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Got some great info for you guys on this one.
Saturday during open house. My dealer had the DSR from Polaris on hand. The owner introduced him to me because I was the only one receiving a Troy Lee through them. The DSR said he thinks I'm the only one in OK getting one.

Anyway, he said the Silver ones are rolling out of production right now. They are on schedule to start shipping November 7th. Of course, the Troy Lees will not arrive until December.

This dealer expects to receive 7. However, the DSR didn't appear too optimistic about that number. He sort of gave the impression it would be more like 2-3. Only 6,000 are supposedly being produced for 2003. On a lighter note (for me) He asked the dealer if they would take delivery of his demo Predator for him. Then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] told him to let me take it out when it comes in if I would like to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Wow!

Also, I had a long conversation about the nay-sayers out there claiming the prototypes out in the field are hopped up for publicity purposes and the floor models will not be as powerful. He laughed out loud at that. The next sentence went something like,
"The Raptor guys are going to be very dissapointed at how their machines compare to the Predator. Oh, and the Z400's are a joke."

Old 10-20-2002, 11:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Build it and they will come!!!! Wait til everyone's buds start taking 'em for a spin.

Ken

Old 10-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

LOL.... I like how that dealer rep put that one LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...... i hope hes right ( of course he does work for polaris) so i think it pretty true well anyways im happy for all the futuer predator owners enjoy your machines hopefully i can get me one hear soon yall ride safe.