Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

has anyone rode one or seen it in action is it faster then a raptor?
when can you buy them?
what is that zero bump steer thing?

Old 10-27-2002, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

1, YES))))When we were at Silver Lake in September, Polaris showed up with 2 of them on Saturday.
There was no raptors there that could beat them. Stock, Piped,didnt matter.
They were running real close to the Modified Banshees.

2.)))They are supposed to be in the dealer some time November.

3.)))Exlactly what it sounds like Less Jerk of the wheel(BARS) in the ruff stuff. Keeps you pointed in the direction you choose to go

Old 10-27-2002, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the info guys but wouldn't a piped rap beat a stock predator
the bump steer thing sounds kewl
you polaris people who are getting them tell us how good they really are

Old 10-28-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Heres what i was running at Little Sahara October 26th.
02' DS650 Baja
Pro Circuit Slip On
Sudco Carburetor Kit (jets,needle...)
UNI
TVI Clutch Springs

And thats all as far as performance wise, and the piped,jetted,filtered Predator with the White Bros. E-series got KILLED. I beat both predators. Stock and Modified. Im sure if the predators had some real riders it would have been closer but as far as every time we raced both Predators lost to me and every raptor and Cannondale and ALL banshees even 250r's and LT's the predator is...pretty weak... The Predator has potential but as far as impressive...hell no...made noises like a Dale too...like it was falling apart

Old 10-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

that makes sense to me that a 660 or 650 should beat a 500 but stock it is possible cause the 660 could just be more detuned but then once you tune it with pipes and other mods the extra 150cc kicks in

Old 10-28-2002, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

No it runs like any other 500...its slow and it says POLARIS on the side of it....haha...no with the 400EX and Z400 and all of its clones it fits right in as king of the hill as long it stays running...and dont start with it fills its niche thing cause the subject is does it run good......NO..

Old 10-28-2002, 01:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hmmm, time to stop by the discount store and call someones post a bargain. Last I checked, two weekends ago, Raptors and Bombers lost out to modded Shee's and Polaris'. Someone's been shopping at the dollar store, and letting their imagination get the best of them.....maybe trying to sway someone so they'll buy his "for sale" quad, so he can join the Predator waiting list.

Ken

Trending Topics

Old 10-28-2002, 07:54 AM
Range Rover

I could have went to Batavia(sp) N.Y. today and rode the predator. I would have had to cut all my long hair off and none of my four kids could have went to school today. Even if I would have cut my hair, I would still had to take kids to school. This is a regular type Polaris dealer meating for the sales people to test the predator along with all its compitition. It would have been pretty cool to go, damn school. I could be on here tonight telling everyone about my ride. Instead, I have to wait for a while for my first ride. Oh well, I don't have enough money to get my hopes up anyhow. Might be better to not ride it, I can't afford it anyhow. My mechanic keeps telling me he's going to get one. He stands a better chance than I do. He's got fewer kids and, nevermind. I'm done talking about the things I can't afford.

Old 10-28-2002, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

the piped,jetted,filtered Predator with the White Bros. E-series got KILLED. I beat both predators. Stock and Modified. Im sure if the predators had some real riders it would have been closer but as far as every time we raced both Predators lost to me and every raptor and Cannondale and ALL banshees even 250r's and LT's the predator is...pretty weak... The Predator has potential but as far as impressive...hell no...made noises like a Dale too...like it was falling apart
...............And then he woke up.

Old 10-28-2002, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

FOr one I will never be on the Predator waiting list...waste of time and money. The Predator isnt anything special...i smell dissapointment. You Polaris guys are just glad to have a quad in the Polaris lineup you can actually shift. Dont expect to beat me or any other big bores.

Quick Reply: Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions