Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hpd or hotseatperformance

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpd or hotseatperformance

whenever you choose the hot seat kit is complete at an affordable price and worth the money and will suits most of your need for speed,while HPD is sold separatly but still the top of performance and fit/fisnish in the lines,then there is RCR that is performance wise similar to hpd but cheaper and better tough...i'm done this is a long time topic thread discussions.........

Old 11-05-2002, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have delt with AAEN a few times and have had no problems with there customer service. They took care of me and got me what I needed.

I have not been super pleased with Hot Seat customer service but NOT due to tech problems. I feel they charge too much on Identical item I can get else were (Reeds,Reed Cages, Steering bushing, Graphic kit)
These Identical items are available from others at lesser $ and Hot Seat will not even price match. They also wanted to charge me $6.00 each for the 3 little washers that Adjust the gen 2 pipe collecter Length (I lost mine).

I have spoken with RCRs Rick Ritter a few times. I have not spent a single dime with him and he has been more than willing to help me out on problems I may be having. Top Notch Guy, Top Notch customer service.
It make me wish I had spent my $$$ with him. If there is anything I need you can be sure I will be going to him.

Mudracer
Both my bikes have the Secondary roller drum. One AAEN, One HPD. They eliminate the friction and wear in the Secondary. To say that you will feel a big difference I think is false. Another big advantage is the Adjustability. You have a much larger range for spring tention in the roller drum. Overall I am pleased, If you plan to re-clutch I think it is worth the upgrade just for the wear factor.

Old 11-07-2002, 02:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The HSP pipe is sold, the Aaen is hanging on the wall. For trail mods, these pipes work well. For race mod, nothing compares to HPD's ATV8 pipe. There is no peak, it pulls ALL the time, instantly. I've had nothing but great luck with all the earlier mentioned companies. Hot Seat has even VERY quickly turned around repaired parts for me also. Not sure how things will be since Rob Johnson left (subscribe to Race Gas mag...way cool). HPD, RCR, and Aaen have also been incredible. Define at the beginning what you want to do, and you'll be money ahead in the end. The race mod might seem spendy at first, but to do it right once, costs much less than the repeated costs of upgrading further later.

If you're gonna rollerize your quad, make sure it's the Team Performance unit is the only way to go!!!!!

Have fun and ride hard.

Ken

Old 11-07-2002, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

hey buba how does that roller drum kit work in your scrambler i just order one for my 500 scrambler from hpd wonder if it was worth the money

2002scrambler
K&Nairfilter
white primary clutch spring
12 tooth sprocket
goodyear supertrexx belt
and soon to come clutch kit and hpd pipe

Old 11-07-2002, 08:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you ordered the HPD roller conversion, they work great. Had one for almost 2 years, only recently had to change out the rollers (one broke) Instant upshift and backshift. If you have time, and HPD agrees, I'd return it for the Team Performance roller that they also sell. A much better performing unit, and a heavy duty, purpose built. Either roller is an improvement.

Ken

Old 11-08-2002, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

I can't tell any difference between the roller clutch and the standard clutch kit other than more range of adjustment. Seems like a waste of money to me.

Old 11-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't say complete waste of money. It has to unlock some HP. Complete loss of friction in your secondary.

In my mind, The roller is alot more reliable from a wear stand point (No More worn or Broken clutch buttons).

Old 11-08-2002, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

go with hot seat!

Old 11-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

Go with HPD or RCR