Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Birth of a Predator

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 02:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birth of a Predator

The bigger the wheels the better. Try for something w/ 14 or 15" wheels. When you're humming down the freeway, they won't be going supersonic like some of these puny other tires. Your bearings will last longer also. I've had good luck making my own, or finding something someone else has converted/made. Kinda a good idea to repack the bearings at least once a year. Better to be safe than along the road broken down.

Ken

Old 11-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

around how much can i expect to pay. I only want one bigger enough to hold my predator. KNOw of any web sites or companies? thanks

Old 11-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, I hope for all you guys that you do get your Predators in mid november. Our dealership just recieved word that the predator is being pushed back to mid December. I imagine its the same for everybody, maybe not.

Old 11-07-2002, 09:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Warrior, the prices really vary. Watch the local paper, or Tradin' Times. If you can afford it, buy something enclose....or enclose it yourself. Out of site, out of some steelin' yahoo's mind. Hey Elroy, I'll ask 'em at the factory tomorrow what the deal is.....how's that for straight to the source. hehe.

Ken

Old 11-08-2002, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Let the price gouging begin! The fact that they are pushing the date back isn't surprising. By the time all of the back orders are filled, it will be 2004. Frankly, I'm sick of it. I might just ride my Sport another year until they get the delivery and production problems straightened out.

Let's see how much of a dealer mark up you can get before the machines actually DO come out.

Old 11-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

My dealer told me 6388.00 OTD

Old 11-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Back to trailers for a minute... Too small a trailer can be a real pain. They are a bitch to back up, and some don't pull that well down the road. It's nice when the width of the trailer matches the width of your tow vehicle. That's usually a 5' wide utility trailer. That means end to end loading, which is easier than side loading, so for two quads plus gear a 5' x 12' is a good choice. I especially like the way tandem trailers pull down the road.
.. I had a 5'x 12' "Big Tex", $1,000 new. It pulled like a dream, backed up easily, yet was light enough you didn't even know it was there.
.. I sold it because there was just no way to get 3 quads on it and that's what I needed, so I built a 6' x 14' tandem. Last summer I hauled three quads on it to pismo and back with my Pathfinder.
.. 6'x10' is very popular for two quads too, single axle, (front side load), but I think the 5'x 12' is going to pull better, fit through tight places better, and load easier, and that's with single or tandem axles/wheels.

Old 11-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Elroy after reading your post I called my polaris dealership and they said that they were called and they moved the date back one week. From nov. 12 to the 19th. I hope they dont keep puching it back i'll cry. j/k

Old 11-09-2002, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

We were told from our local dealer that they will get 1/2 of their shipment of the 18 they ordered in next week. We will be one of the lucky few that is in the first group. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2002, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

Fourlix is right about the trailer issue. I had a 8'x8' snowmobile trailer that was a royal pain to back up. My 6'x14 enclosed is, believe it or not, easier to back up. My biggest problem with the enclosed trailer is the fact that it only hauls two quads (I now have three, see below).

Quick Reply: Birth of a Predator