Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002 | 12:42 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Predator Recall

I was told by my polaris dealer that the predator already has a recall on it. He said it has something to do with a brake bolt. I guess everyone who has a predator should be gettin a call to inform you of the recall. Just informing everyone!!

2003 TL Predator
2001 Sportsman 500HO
2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R
1985 Honda Nighthawk 700 SC (787 original miles, a true collector's bike)
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Old 12-07-2002 | 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Recall

At least they'll fix it for free. How does the predator preform? Just wondering, i don't think they have any in canada yet (or at least where i live)

Old 12-07-2002 | 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Recall

Hey Rincon How are you?
I'm Adrian I 've just over the mountain in Westchester. I ordered a Troy Lee Designs Predator which will be in this week, but the Polaris dealerships around here already have received the normal grey one's.

I saw one in Debert today at the gas station also.

If you ever see me in town with it on my truck come over and take a look at it.
You'll have to come over to my sand pit next spring with your XR if you like jumping it.

Old 12-08-2002 | 12:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default Predator Recall

Thanks for the heads up on the recall, I took mine into day. I had to take it in for the petcock, it was leaking gas and it wouldn't tighten up. This is a great atv, it's fast and the suspension is the beat part. I'am waiting for a oil filter, I can change the oil, get that break in oil out. I run amsoil in everthing.

Old 12-08-2002 | 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Predator Recall

Just took mine in for recall. Nothing major, front brake caliper mounting bolts were not torqued to specs from factory. Just got to say this machine rips, best handling quad out there, nuff said!

Old 12-08-2002 | 09:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default Predator Recall

Received my recall today, said to bring it by and they could do it on the truck. Still waiting on my oil filter, can't ride anymore until I get it changed. This thing is scary fast from the factory, even in the higher gears it pulls so hard you would think it is larger than a 500. Suspension is incredible, it tracks straight through the rough stuff at high speed threatening to pull your hands off the grips if you are on the gas hard.

Old 12-08-2002 | 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Recall

pleasure4qt- Hey, thank's for the info on the predator...........i guess i don't get out much. Do you mean the wilson's garage in Debert?

Do you race CMRC with the 416? My brother races 250 Junior (CR) You are pretty lucky to get a hold of TLD Predator! I think they look the best of all of them.

Where is your sand pit? Westchester is by Londondary right? As for my XR jumping.......................i do a little, but mostly trail ride it in Debert (they closed the prctice track out there eh?)

I am out in bass river at that track too.

Old 12-08-2002 | 12:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default Predator Recall

Hey guys, you might want to check your foot break pedal , some of them have the toe loop welded on upside down!!????!! The predator came in to northwestern N.C. Friday marked as an Sportsman 500 on the crate and on the invoice??? After a few phone calls and some head scratching Polaris told the dealer not to sell it right yet!!!!!,CAN'T EVEN START THE ENGINE TO HEAR IT RUN!!!!that sucks!! On another note I did get my answer to how a 6'5" rider fits on it , It seems kind of strange how the seat sets, kind of like a camels back feel , this might be comfortable to some people. I did notice when shifting side to side (bodyenglish) my knees hit the front fenders where the support bracket bolts are at. Thats just my opinion , some people might see this different, but on the other hand this thing is AWESOME!! as far as looks , it looks better in person than on paper.. later

Old 12-08-2002 | 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Recall

RINCON-

Yeah that's the gas station I saw it at being filled up. I order my TLD before I ever read anything anywhere's about them. I have alway's been loyal to Honda but there sleeping and I needed something more up todate.

I don't race my bike on the CMRC just drag race in Halifax and Oxford maybe next year though?

My sand pit is rigth in Westchester which is about 10 minutes from Ski-Wentworth or Sutherlands Lake, so it's probably like 15 minutes from Londonderry. I take the front end loader up every other weekend and smooth thing's up and fix the jumps.

That track in Bass River you have been at is that Jeff's? I meet him a few weeks ago.
I use to go over to Debert also before they closed that down.

I have a location and plans for a track myself but to let other use it also the insurance is insane.

We have the old Warren track in Amherst in shape again in for a small fee it will be open for us to practice on next spring and summer, there's also a nice sandy track in NB that's kinda like Debert but much better that we can use also.

Old 12-08-2002 | 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Recall

Yes, that's jeff (YZ 426) I know (sort of) the guy that has the track in Amherst, he was out at the bass river track once (has a new CR250, son has a KX60??)

Next year CMRC is having a N.S. series, so you can win that series and stay fairly close to home. I'm not sure if i'll get a Thumper (YZF) next year, or buy a new(er) sp500-700. Can't have both i guess!

I am aware of the many new tracks poping up and that makes me lean more and more towards a MX bike. I would gladly pay a yearly fee and help with the up keep of a track if it ment i could ride there. Amherst is only an hour away too. i hear of one in the New Glasgow area too, and there's always Riverglade, but i think they put the price up?

I know what you mean about the insurance issues, pain in the butt. The track in Debert is closed, but across the road there is awesome trail to ride (tight & twisty) I guess it all boils down to if my brother gets a new bike (his CR is a '96, but like new- no one can believe the shape that it's in when they see it in the pits) I was looking at a new KX125, but i hate replacing cranks every time the wind blows the right way. Time will tell

P.S if i see that polaris in a truck i'll come have a look see[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Predator Recall