Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator jetting with WB slip-on???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator jetting with WB slip-on???

I just put on the WB slip on and wanted to try upping the main jet one notch. Does anybody know what type of jets the Predator uses? Are they the same as any other bikes existing on the market? My local dealer didn't have a clue. If I can walk in there and tell him it uses the same jets as this bike or that bike, he'd be able to find something.
Thanks

Old 12-24-2002, 02:42 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]Should be the same as a DS650. I believe both bikes use a Mikuni BSR42 carb.

Old 12-24-2002, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Thats correct, The Ds and pred. both share the same Mikuni, due the differance in displacement, maybe jetted diffrently, but the same type jets no doubt. I have a e-mail into Dynojet right now asking for future available of a jet kit for a Predator, I'll post there responce as soon as I recieve it, thx, Merry Chrismas everyone. Rich A
P.S. Hey, Gottahavaraptor, you may be able to answer this, I just installed a RWR 45mm carb kit on my DS-650 (awesome install, awesome carb.) What do you think it would involve installing this carb on a Predator. I havn't yet fired the DS-650 up yet, I'm just finishing up a winter build now on it, but I'm pretty impressed with this set up. I'm sure it would make a awesome upgrade on the Predator. thx in advance, Rich A

Old 12-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

The Predator test riders told me they just raised the needle one notch when they installed thier WB slip ons. If you end up jetting it, please let me know what you used. I haven't taken delivery of the TLD yet, but have the WB slip on waiting also.

Old 12-24-2002, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

These forums Rock!!! Every time I have a question I get the info I need in no time. Thanks for the quick response. I'll raise the needle one clip and later I'll probably up the main jet one size (155) just for kicks. I'll let you know how things went.

Old 12-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thumper, how much louder is the WB over the stock. I like the tone of the stock, it has a nice rumble to it, a lot more then my brothers Z-400. I hear a slip-on will add the bottom end I want, but I don't want a loud bike. Hopefully the 13 tooth sprocket will help.

Old 12-24-2002, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Puttnutt24
Thats correct, The Ds and pred. both share the same Mikuni, due the differance in displacement, maybe jetted diffrently, but the same type jets no doubt. I have a e-mail into Dynojet right now asking for future available of a jet kit for a Predator, I'll post there responce as soon as I recieve it, thx, Merry Chrismas everyone. Rich A
P.S. Hey, Gottahavaraptor, you may be able to answer this, I just installed a RWR 45mm carb kit on my DS-650 (awesome install, awesome carb.) What do you think it would involve installing this carb on a Predator. I havn't yet fired the DS-650 up yet, I'm just finishing up a winter build now on it, but I'm pretty impressed with this set up. I'm sure it would make a awesome upgrade on the Predator. thx in advance, Rich A
Hey Puttnutt, I wish I could help you, but I'm still running the stock BSR42. You might try posting your question over in the Bomber forum, I know several people are running the 45.

Old 12-24-2002, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

GE4x4,
I haven't ridden it yet, only revved it up a few times. but I think it sounds pretty good and it isn't too much louder than stock due to the limited number of rings that come with the pipe (around 8 if I remember right). It's not as loud as my Honda 400ex E-series with 12 rings. I wish I could keep the stock sound level and have the extra power but that’s not going to happen. I think the pipe will be a nice compromise between Dbs and power but I'll have to ride it to see for sure. One nice thing about the pipe is the silent insert the reduces the sound level further if you need a quiter ride.

Old 12-25-2002, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Thumper how do you like the Walker front shocks? My buddy is thinking of upgrading to them but wonders if they are worth the money.

Nocando

Old 12-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer

RaptorRider660R,
I've been unable to ride it since installing the Walker Evans and the WB slip on. I hope to ride heavily this weekend and will post my thoughts on the shocks. The installation was very easy and the fit is exact right down to the reservoir mounting brackets and perfect hose length. I hope they are worth it.

Quick Reply: Predator jetting with WB slip-on???