Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Yes...The Predator beats the Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes...The Predator beats the Raptor

Let me re-iterate that these races were ROLL-ONS. We were rolling in second gear at the start of the race. By doing that, it pretty much illiminates the many factors associated with "drag racing" and more or less compares the two machines ability to acclerate. GRANTED, there can be differenes in the way people shift through gears and how far they rev in each gear I can't tell you how hard my friend Tony was shifting his Predator. I roadraced a GSXR600 through amatuer-expert-some pro for abot 5 years. I can leave from a dead start with the best of them. Thats why we did ROLL ONs. AND let me tell you, each and everytime I shifted the Rapter was a CLUTCHLESS upshift. NOMATTER what I did the Predator pulls on the Rapter. GRANTED, like they say "There is no replacement for displacement" so in the end, you might be able to get a Raptor to beat te Predator (After $1,000.00 + in mods....an then good luck with your reliability). In the current state of tune (Predator=STOCK, Raptor=Pipe/Jet kit/air filter, Banshee=Pipes/Coolhead/reeds) the Predator is faster in our expierences. These were just my findings, and please take them for what they are worth. Like I said, I ride bikes. This is an unbiases findings on my part. I posted these results for someone that wants an honest opinion of the three bikes' performance in showroom stock condition.

Old 12-25-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, Vilnrk, but.......................................that sure is a ugly picture.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Man........not anyone you know is it?

Old 12-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

LOL okiedude - nah, thats just some pic i found around halloween and i kinda like it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] so i kept it.

Old 12-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Well then, it looks like I'm gonna have to come down to Sherman, TX and take pictures. LOL

Old 12-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Pudjumper- There is no reason for me to race a predator. If you want to build a fast 4 stroke you would not start with a perdator. I do not have a stock quad other than my wifes bayou. I think my kids LT80 could take the predator the first 75feet lol. It is like a 400ex but way better. They do not build 400exs to outrun built raptors.

Truckracer- there will be hop up parts, just not as many shops to deal with. So the price will be higher. I already started that the piped predator should outrun a stock 2002 or 2003 raptor. But there is no way that a piped raptor will lose in a 1/8 mile race. In the 300 it is the rider as the machines are close. The 300 is more a race of skill and the 660 the machine does the talking.

Next time i see a predator i will run it against my tecate4. That will be a fair race. If i lose i will report for the world to see. By the Way, the local polaris dealer is real cool and we plan on inviting him to future races and dune trips. We all had fun, the facts are the facts and nobody down here except Roostinonyou gets his panties in a wad.

Old 12-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Pudjumper Polaris isnt a Predator, Jay wait a couple of months till it warms up I want a shot at you and my bike is not done yet.

Old 12-25-2002, 06:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah 14min, pudjumper and I are still beating on the old belt drive quads. I have to say pretty darn fast alky burners. Both of ours are capable of 4.9's in 300ft. Like I said before, I definitely want to get down to Aledo town one weekend in 03 and check it out. Ramie, you and CED dont keep us waiting too long. Sooner or later I'm bound to blow it up and have to completely rebuild. LOL. To add to the original post at hand. Something is wrong with the Banshee. A stocker with pipes alone has no time whipping up on any 4-stoke even with minor mods. That doesnt add up. Bubba

Old 12-25-2002, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

i was just stating what i seen also. i didnt get upset but i think its all rider capabilities.

Old 12-25-2002, 07:21 PM
RIP Dear Friend

motoracer51,

I am happy for this Predator that had about 5 hours on it.

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2002, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

I myself ride bikes most of the time (KTM 520mxc) I don't care what people say about the Polaris, I like mine fast or not If someone beats me ohwell I would rather spend my time riding around the dunes than looking for someone to race, anyone one can go straight. well almost anyone..........lol

Quick Reply: Yes...The Predator beats the Raptor