Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris sport wheelie bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default polaris sport wheelie bar

Not yet. The only thing we have close to here without driving several hours is dirt drags. That's ok,though. It's real fun as well. The only thing is one time it got real late when they ran into computer problems and the dew fell (12:00). my wheeler decided it wanted to make a right turn about 30 feet out and I lost (naturally). My wheeler ran 5.2's in 300ft dirt with turf tamers on the back and on gas. It now has radials and is burning alcohol. It picked up almost .3 on the 330ft asphalt going to alky, so we'll see what it does. As long as it runs right at 5.00, I'll be happy. It weighs right at 630lbs with me on it. It is also very rider friendly still. We have been to the sand bar 2 times riding around and it does great.Bubba

Old 01-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope to runs low fives as well. I've shaved alot of weight off mine. What mods to you have besides running alcohol. Mine is hpd race ported with billet 15:1 runs on c12, race pipe, secondary roller clutch, I've got a plus 4 swingarm. I'm going to run a blue primary clutch spring for the drags, the chassis is lowered, I've removed the floorboards and installed 250r nerf bars, shaved fenders, no starter, flywheel is shaved, v force reeds, 39 pwk carb I think that's about it. I've got several extra parts if you know anyone that needs anything. I'll be putting them on ebay.

Old 01-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yep, sounds about the same. I done all the same including battery and mount. I run CPI's pipe, and do my own port work. You wont be happy with the blue primary spring for dragging, trust me. You need the violet spring for racing. The blue wont holeshot well enough and will lag on you. I trail ride at the dunes and everywhere else with the violet. I have the stock swingarm due to the fact I love it still being a rider. Even if I extend the swingarm, it wont be more than 2 inches. No matter how much you lighten on these, extending it too much will cause the rear tires to spin more than they should trying to lift the front end in my personal opinion. Sounds like you are the right track. Let us know what it runs, and I'll get the pics to you. Remember, you wont need much bar with a +4 swingarm.Bubba

Old 01-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

Do you think plus 4 will be ok with sand dragging. It does seem to spin quite a bit more on dirt now though. Thanks for the information and the pics. I'll order up a violet clutch spring before the test and tune at atoka in february. The only spring I've run on it so far is the gold and silver. I'll keep you posted on the et's when I get some. I have another quad that's just a trail bike that I ran 6.1. I'm glad I found this forum. I'll get some pictures posted as well.

Old 01-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Got a buddy in MO that runs a 5'' swingarm on his alky burner for sand dragging and doesnt have problems. Now he does have 11 paddle ultra haulers on the back so it digs in good. We go to Little Sahara about 4-5 times a year, so keep your eyes open on the forum. We generally list when were going because we would like to meet others from the forum. Us polaris people have to stick together. Are you running the violet secondary with the 44-38 helix? Bubba

Old 01-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

I'm running a violet secondary with a roller clutch. Are roller clutches a benefit when dragging, I also have a regular secondary clutch setup with the violet secondary. I don't remember what the helix is. I'm going to pick up a new set of paddles, I was thinking of the new skat trak extreme 10 paddle. What do you think about those. Also that wheelie bar that was on ebay that someone put a link to is that thing any good! Other than running cooler are there other benefits of running alcohol?

Old 01-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well you can ask anyone who made the switch to alky and they will tell you. It makes 15% or more power. It enters the cylinder as a liquid and unlike gasoline can be compressed. Tuning is more critical and if you run one out of fuel and it runs away with itself then there's nothing you can do. Even pulling the plug wire wont kill it. I run the 40mm Lectron with dual power jet, and my buddy runs the FTZ alky carb. We both run the FTZ alky fuel pump. If 3-4 bike lengths in a 300ft drag isnt more power, then I dont know what is. Nitrous on one wouldnt go any faster (unless I use it with alky ha ha ).I was skiddish at first, but glad I made the change. It runs like I want it to now.Bubba

Old 01-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

How much does alcohol run. Also what do you think on paddle tires for dragging.

Old 01-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the tires you are thinking of will work fine. I forgot to ask you if you've geared yours up. My buddy and myself are running 14-34 gearing and that seems to be the best. Alcohol cost at least half as much as race fuel. I buy mine at the local dragstrip for $2 a gallon. Keep in mind,though you use almost twice as much fuel as on race gas. You have to run an oil that will mix with methanol. The best and most popular seems to be Klotz benol. About $35-$40 a gallon. So in the long run it really costs about the same as race gas. I run the roller secondary as well, but it seems that for full out drag the 44-38 is a bit much in the roller design due to it shifting out so easily. I run the 42-38 helix with a 56 gram weight. It still pulls 7600rpm on top and runs hard. Bubba

Old 01-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

I'LL BE CHECKING TO SEE WHAT HELIX I HAVE AND I WILL ALSO CHECK MY GEARING, I KNOW THE BACK IS 34 BUT I'M THINKING MY FRONT SPROCKET IS A 13. ARE YOU STILL RUNNING THE STOCK SIZE TIRES?

Quick Reply: polaris sport wheelie bar