Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

raced a badass 400 & raptor on a stock predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raced a badass 400 & raptor on a stock predator

This past sunday a few of us went to a local place called turkey bay, it's in kentucky. anyways the predator is my father in laws and he just got it that previous tuesday..and there were a few guys there on raptors, 400's and so fourth. just racing on a flat field, and i'd been aging my father in law to go and run em, but he wouldn't finally he just said if you want someone to race them then you take it and go do it... needless to say i did, first of all i raced a 250r, it was stock except for pipe and silencer the guy said it was stock bore from 87...anyways i smoked it by probally, 6 quad lenghts in about a little less than a 1/8 mile i guess. so he got out his BADASS 400 that was SMOKING piped raptors all day long, it was sharp very well kept for quad.. anyways he was big headed smirking and saying: "you wanna run this one???" i said sure it's not my quad my pride won't be hurt... anyways the first round i popped a wheelie in 2nd and he pulled ahead cause he got a very good jump but i pulled him big time on top end..and then we raced 3 other times and i flat out smoked him..probally 3 quad lengths and pulling, he told me the mods to the 400 were: cammed, 11:1 piston head work, ported and polished and wiseco piston, this bike is totally awesome i own a banshee and this predator has a MEAN powerband...

sorry so long but i was impressed!!

Old 01-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I frequent Turkey Bay with my friends and I was wondering where you live in Tennessee? We are all firefighters in Brentwood but live north of Nashville in Hendersonville. I am always looking for other people to ride with or meet up with at Turkey Bay. I own a DS650 and my other friends own a 400ex and a ktm520. By the way, I saw a TL predator in the Rivergate area the other day, it looked awesome. I would love to have another quad. Have you ridden other quads like mine or a raptor so you could give me a seat of the pants review?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My name is Chris and I have never responded on here before, I just use it for info. or big news.

Old 01-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hello Chris,

We ride with a good ole boy from Watertown. He rides with us at Windrock. If you never have tried it, you should. It's well worth the trip.

Scott

Old 01-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

i HAD AN 02 RAPTOR WITH A YOISH PIE AND K/N, I TRADED IT IN FOR AN 03 REDATOR. THE RAPTOR HAS QUITE ABIT MORE LOW END AND THATS A BOUT IT. THE POLARIS HAS WAY MORE TOP END AND MID AND IT HANDLES ABOUT 4 TIMES BETTER, BUT THE STEERING IS VERY RESPONSIVE. THE PREDATOR WILL DEFINATELY OUT ACCELERATE,TOP SPEED, OUT HANDLE AND OUT JUMP THE RAPTOR. NOW DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVED MY RAPTOR BUT I LIKE THE POLARIS BETTER.THE POLARIS ALSO HAS A TIGHTER TURNING RADIUS.
i JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY OPION ABOUT RAPTOR VS PREDATOR

Old 01-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

i live in Union City, tennessee... 1sickpred pretty much nailed exactly what the predator is like... as far as comparing , my brother had a raptor, it was built by tom miller motorsports, he is on here sometimes his name is nukerainbow, or something to that nature, and his raptor was fast as hell because tom miller ported it, piston, high rise cam, and some other stuff, so i dont really remember how it was stock but i remember my father in laws 400ex was a smoother ride than the raptor and it had a more forgiving powerband, but my brothers raptor was faster in stock condition than the 400, and father still has his 400ex, and the predator is probally 5 times a better, smoother ride than the 400 and it has works shocks on the front..but on the honda the power is alot smoother(slower) as far as hill climbs and overall acceleration, probally lack of power, haha, but hey it's reliable.. it corners sooo much better, we have somewhat of a small motor cross track in our back yard, to keep in shape, and whoever was on the predator beat the 400 everytime, in drag racing, and the track.

Old 01-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

What kinda 400 was that? A 400ex? A Z400 already comes 11.2:1 so an 11:1 piston would be going in the wrong direction.

Old 01-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer

sorry now that i read it i didn't specify.. it was a honda 400 ex...for the record.. good point barelylegal..my fault