Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which snow plow??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which snow plow??

I have been researching all popular snow plows, and need your help in deciding between the Cycle Country and Moose set-ups. I'm considering CC's State plow, and Moose's County plow, both in 60" lengths. Is there any major differences in build quality/features from these brands? I was priced $495 for the 60" CC State Plow with push bars, mount, and electric lift kit, shipped to my door, from Star City Motorsports. I am hesitant on paying the extra cost of the Moose set-up. I have searched through previous threads but they all fail to compare both plow setups. If anyone can recommend a dealer with better plow prices, please don't hesitate to post it

Thanks for your help

Aniel
99' Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4
Mods: 1.Worn seat
2.Oil Change
3. 2nd oil change

Old 01-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know how the CC Plow is but from what I heard the Moose Plow is stronger and better built. I personally own a 60" standard Moose Plow for my SP 700 and it works great for plowing. The only thing I don't like about it is it is a pain in the a$$ to hook up, but once you get it hooked up it works great. As far as prices go I would look at Dennis Kirk, they offer free shipping on all orders over $100. I believe you can get a Moose set-up for the price you are going to pay for the CC set-up. What are you going to use for lifting the plow? I would recommend using your winch if you have one. I just installed a mini-rocker switch for my Warn A2500 to go along with the remote control that came with it. The mini-rocker works great for plowing because it is mounted on the handle bar right above the light switch.

Old 01-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

Probably just going to have to look at both and find the best one for you. I have a cycle country and it have been a very good plow for me. I have it on my H.O. and had it on my King Quad and it does a great job on both. I have a 48" due to the trailer I hauled in on to plow out my sisters and grandmother, but have a new trailer and want to get a 60 inch for it now. But I will stick with the cycle country and just purchase the blade.

Old 01-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i like the Moose. i plowed with both the 60" straight and county blade. they are both terrific.

Moose makes a VERY strong plow. i beat both plows severly and they come back for more. never a dissapointment with a Moose.

-MT

Old 01-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 60" regular Moose plow and just finished plowing over a foot of snow for the second time in a week, I had a Kimpex plow before and the moose plow is much better.

Old 01-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

I have a 5' Moose and i think it's great.
Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with either.
Get whatever is cheapest.
Don't forget to check local dealerships though.
Some will price match/beat a catalog/internet price.
Save shipping but pay sales tax.
Good luck

Old 01-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone's feedback. According to everyone, the Moose set-up is the best, so I chose to go with the 60" straight blade and manual lift, all from Bob's Cycle, for a total price, with shipping (including push tubes and mount), of $421.46. Do you think that the Heavy Duty front springs are necessary for the sportsman? I wouldn't want the quad to sag so much that I wouldn't be able to climb up curbs when the plow is attached.

Thanks again guys

99' Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4
Mods:
1.Worn seat
2.Oil Change
3. 2nd oil change

Old 01-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

NO! you don't need HD front springs.

i used Polaris rubber spacers (2 sets each side) on my SP500, and the front end dive is almost eliminated.

on my SP700, i left it stock, did nothing, and the little dip is no big deal.

i am going to try turning up the rear shocks one click to eliminate the rear from 'squatting.' i read that the ride and handling is much improved.

-MT

Old 01-07-2003, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

I have the polaris plow and my brother has the Moose setup, both in 60".

I like the polaris set up as it takes a very short time to install. When the snow stops and all the plowing is down it takes only seconds to drop the plow and go play. My brother leaves his plow on because it's a pain to put on and off.

The moose blade is bigger and weighs more, which can be an advantage when plowing. Although I haven't gotten enough snow yet to go over the top of the polairs model yet and I've plowed just over a foot several times.

Good luck and have fun.

Old 01-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

remove two pins and my Moose plow if OFF.

it takes me less than 10 SECONDS.

to install, line-up the holes and stick in the two pins. takes about 2 MIN total for me.

Quick Reply: Which snow plow??