Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator-Raptor-Z-400 Shootout Results

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator-Raptor-Z-400 Shootout Results

\
Im still skepitical about this shootout. Was it printed in a Mag? Who is the source and what connections do they have in order to get this information????
ATV 4wheel action

Old 01-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know didly squat about high performance quads but I do read alot and try to learn so as to keep myself informed. From everything I've read it seems that one of the fastest and best high performance quads is the Cannondale. How come in the test Cannondale VS Predator they were so even that the testers were amazed, yet in this shootout it seems like a raptor can take it in a drag? I guess we just have to fiqure out who got paid.

Old 01-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RideRed913
\
Im still skepitical about this shootout. Was it printed in a Mag? Who is the source and what connections do they have in order to get this information????
ATV 4wheel action

Ahhhh....ok. Thats the only mag I have a hard time finding. Thanks for the info! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

The drag race was 300' and it was 5.98 seconds to 6.00 for the Predator virtually a tie!

As you can see by the track times none were head and shoulders above the other, The better rider will win most everytime. I'm sure anyone one would be very happy with any of the three!

As they said in the article they are getting better and better last years winner came in third, This is good for everyone even if you don't agree with there findings!

They liked the Raptor Motor more because it had power everywhere plenty of low end tourque they thought the Predator was nice but just a little weak off the bottom, They thought the LTZ was well off in the Power dept.

I would probably give the edge to the polaris myself. I like the width and it sits lower, My Raptor does that now but I had to spend a $1,500 to make it like that.

Nocando

Old 01-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Raptor,

Thanks for taking the time to print all the information you had on the shootout. We all appreciate it.

Old 01-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

As far as the wheelies go. I hate to say this, but the Polaris front end is NOT heavy. It's designed to KEEP the front end in the ground during accelleration because of it's anti-squat rear suspension. Besides, doing wheelies is not what I buy a quad for. I'll leave that to little boys on bicycles who want to impress girls.

Having a light front end on a quad is not all it is cracked up to be. Hill climbing for instance.

Old 01-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hes right. It is designed exactly how he described and it does what it is suppose to do very well. For what I need a quad to do, the Polaris does it very well. Im very happy with it so far. Just wish it would warm up to at least 25 degrees here so I can go ride it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

I'm actually happy with what the shootout said. The Predator does everything I want it to do. When I bought it, I bought it for the suspension and handling and with good power. I didn't expect it to be able to beat the Raptor due to the 160 less cc. But since it's just as fast or faster is a bonus to me. I wanted something that was stable, soak up big bumps(even tho stock suspension was stiff, its where I want it now) and handle like a dream, and that is what the Predator does and the shootout confirms it. And since it has great power too, and I dust my brothers Z-400, my smile just gets bigger and bigger. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2003, 12:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Still say it boils down to Kawasuki buying more sake (yes, I finally looked up the correct spelling). Drink and be swayed in your opinion. The trans is stiff at first, even the owners manual tells you of this. Get some time on the machine, and the trans smoothens right out. Unless you have good hard facts (pics, wts, hard-core stats) it's just someones opinion. Some of these mags won't give Polaris credit for all the inovations they've brought to the ATV market....which many of the others are now sporting. This is a brand spankin' new, inovative machine with almost everything you could want on it.....why buy yellow or blue, when the Predator will do (yea, working on those cheesy poetic skills [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ). With all the suspension adjustability, it's pretty hard to knock the Predator's ride once you get it tuned for yourself.

As for accessories, if they didn't put what you want on it from the factory, you can buy what you want and add it yourself. What more could we ask for.

Ken
Who has been significantly altered by "Blue Man Group", catch it if you can, great show!!!!

Old 01-13-2003, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

I don't understand how a magazine can compare the power of a Z-400 to a Predator and especially a Raptor. If it is anywhere close to the power of engines that are about 100 to 260CC larger, then Suzuki has done very well. Same for Cannondale. I guess there aren't enough new sport quads on the market to really compare "apples to apples".

Quick Reply: Predator-Raptor-Z-400 Shootout Results