Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator owners, know this

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator owners, know this

Tres: I know man.... I was bummed too. We had just got it that day, installing some of the aftermarket goodies and all of a sudden, we put the quad back on all fours and the seat is messed up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]n I kinda like the seat though, nice color, but yeah, you're right, the silly little logo has got to go!

If they do warranty it, it will be a recall I'm sure. Well, if not a recall, they will look at another material to use. Notice how they have that different material at the mouth of the seat, directly behind the gas cap area. Wonder if they knew about gas ruining the material beforehand?

Let me know if you ever find that other seat..... Ahh, you still own a 250R, dang you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

PS: You used WD-40 and what else to get the warning stickers off? I need to get that done asp, looking ugly with them on......

Old 01-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Trailblazer

I use a hairdryer to warm the stickers up slightly then peel them off. The WD40 takes the sticky adhesive stuff off that is left behind. Works great

The seat is at www.rathracing.com

Yea I'll always have the 250R great bike..... Hence the name Tres ( as in uno, dos,..... )

Old 01-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Range Rover

Tres: Thx man..... I'll get right on it with the stickers... and I'll see what happens with the seat situation...

Old 01-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Range Rover

Polaris is going to warranty it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My local dealer called me back yesterday to let me know Polaris will honor the issue and replace my entire seat at no cost to me.

Polaris did in fact examine the chassis skid plate instructions, and it does ask you to tip the bike up on its rear end grab bar, which did result in the gas leak, which then resulted in my seat being deformed by the gasoline for some strange reason.

Note to self, NEVER SPILL GAS ON SEAT EVER AGAIN.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am actually very surprised by this. I figured that they would just say that it is your fault and you would have to live with it. Hopefully they will stand behind other issues in the future, especially since I bought a new predator. This looks as though Polaris is out to make people happy with the new Predator.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

I was a little suprised too. But I would have fought them on it, if they had said no. I would have called Polaris personally and let them know it's not my fault their instructions allow you to harm your quad so to speak. I too hope they remain proactive with legitimate claims and issues found therein.

Old 01-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Well thats a good thing to know. I would think polaris would want to stand behind their predator owners
as to this quad being a first year machine hey 03predator now let us know how long it takes to get your new seat.

Old 01-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

bad: You got it man. I'll post here when it arrives.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

Thats great!
But...... Is it still going to have that goofy logo? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

Tres: I fear YES!

Quick Reply: Predator owners, know this