Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator owners, know this

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator owners

Something you might want to know about the Predator seats.

I had the bike standing up on it's rear grab bar to do some skid plate installs, and during such, some gas had leaked out of the gas cap or breather, don't know which. Anyhow, the gas dribbled down the seat.

The seat now has some minor discoloration and it seems it distorted the seat material some. Somewhat strange to explain. The dealer had put gas in it for us, about 3/4 full.

Anyhow, just be mindful of this, I'm not sure if it's with certain gasoline or anything, but I thought I'd warn ya. Don't Spill Gas on Your Seats!

May not look the same if you do. Cos' after almost a week, mines still jacked. I even let it sit out in the sun to dry it out....no cleaners work, nada... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Predator owners, know this

Just an idea, though some don't like to use it on the seat, but an Armorall type protectant, might bring that uniform color back. Personally I use the 3M Marine grade protectant available at your local Walmart. By the way, on the black TLD plastic, nothing works better for shinin' things up after you wash it. Wipe it on, let it "flow" out on it's own, and touche', shiny metallic black. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Old 01-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

03Predator, I haven't spilled gas on my seat yet but I am getting a little discoloration on my seat also. It's from riding it with BLACK coverall's on!! When it was nice out here(a few weeks ago) I took my predator over to BlackRiverFalls Wisconsin, the trails are wide open and there is a couple of mini MX tracks over there. I put a 170 miles on my predator at BlackRiverFalls and all the sliding around on my seat with my black coverall's has made my RED seat look black. Oh well, a little 3M cleaner should take care of it.

Old 01-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

hello predatorman I'm intrested in the black river falls wisconsin trails I know where there at but I've never ridden there yet do you have any info as to a phone# or anything a website etc.. Also what are the mini mx tracks like can you ride hard and jump and all that and what about speeds can get wide open in areas do they have any rules like certain things you must have to ride the trails thanks again for any info....badazzpred

Old 01-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

badazzpred, there are no special rules for the trails along as you have your 4 wheeler registered.. As for info about it check wisconsin dnr website under jackson county. There are 100 miles of trails there. Trails are wide open for the most part so you can open her up if you want. The MX track is actually a huge sand pit with a couple of bowls dug out and a few other jumps and stuff. I always park at the Arrowhead Best Western(right off the interstate) and from there you have access to all the trails. The trail system is marked very well with maps all over the trail.

Old 01-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Predatorman I'm also from southeast MN what dealer did you get your predator at?

Old 01-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Range Rover

RideRed913, I buy all my Polaris toys at RiverValley Power Sports on the north end of Rochester. If anyone is interested they have 2 TLD Predator's on the showroom floor still. call (507)287-3333, and ask for Gary, tell him Harry told ya to call

Old 01-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like some good riding guys there in wisconsin.....lots and lots of miles!

I'll have to try some protectant......one spill and my seat is ruined is not going to work for me in the least bit... thanks for the advice..

Old 01-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

Took the seat in today to my local Polaris dealer here in Tucson. I gave them my VIN and info, and they are going to call Polaris to see if they will warranty it.

I'm expecting a call back soon.

This is ridicolous... Why would a seat's material distort and discolor some from a few drips of gasoline? Weird.... Almost like it wasn't just gas from the dealer? I dunno'....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Either way, I'll fight it, since I followed the instructioins of the Polaris chassis skid plate install, which then resulted in the jacked up seat......

Old 01-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

03 bummer about the seat...
Thought I saw a after market grip type seat somewhere for it....If I find it I will post it....
Hey if they send you a new one...ask then to leave the goofy no rider logo thing off eh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The stickers came off good ( with a little WD40 ) but that danm logo......

Quick Reply: Predator owners, know this