Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

4x4 TLD Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

It's posted in my Gallery. Works awsome now on the snow and ice. Alright it's not a 4x4 I did put in 982 studs I was going to use 1204 but decided I never need as many in the front. Takes forever to do but hooks up amazing. I can wheelie again now just like I could on ashpalt. I never even lost 1 stud after a afternoon of riding. But I only drove on snow and ice and never locked the brakes up either and tried not to spin it insanely to much *L* I tired it with only the back tires studded but it pushed the front end bad even with only 336 studs in the rear tires it made it hard to turn.

Old 01-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

What did you use for studs, and what pattern did you use. I'm studding mine this weekend so I can re-race my brother next weekend. He beat me bad last week on the ice. He was studded, so I want to give him the spanking he gave me.

Old 01-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

I used #8x1/2" self tapping sheet metal screws with a hex head. I used a drill to put them in about a hour per tire. You can see the pattern I used in my Gallery, if you click on the pic on my front tire and the one of my back tire it enlarge's them to a decent size. 160 in each front tire and 322 in each rear tire.

I think you said your buddie on the Z400 was running 130 studs per tire? You'll wipe him. I did only have 168 studs in each rear tire but I noticed when I spun the tires on the ice or snow that there was lines left in it so I put in the extra to make 322 and now it's almost one solid bite right across the back tire.

The front tires are the hardest to stud cause you have to get it in ontop of the tread line, you'll know what I'm talking about when you see the pics.

No flats either *L*

GE4x4 - You don't live that far from Rochester, New Hampshire do you? I have relatives that I visit there and I was thinking about taking my Predator down sometime this summer for a trip.

Old 01-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

Thanks for the info. You studded the way I was going to, but I was going to use 2 per ****, but I may add more. Also those are the size screws I picked up at Home Depot, so I guess I got the right ones.

I live about 1hr to 1 1/2hrs from Rochester, but I'm always up to riding with new people.

Old 01-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

PLEASURE - just a question, but how did you lower your front end like that, just by loosening the springs? Thanks!!

Old 01-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

Spent the day riding and still havent lost not one stud, I can't believe it. I'm going to add 3 more new pic's just a soon as I send this. Action shots (3rd gear wheelies) this thing wheelies awsome I can keep it up in the air and balanced no problem.

I lowered it just by backing off the front and rear suspension. You can not hit very big bumps this way or jump it though. However, it is good for ice racing or for drag racing. You can't wheelie it over backwards so you can really get on the gas and sit way back for max. traction

Old 01-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

Hmmm..how come i cant see your gallery??

Trending Topics

Old 01-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

What do you mean you can't loop this bike?
Just got the cooler rack today from PRM and I was thinking.... I wonder how long this thing will last , the way I do wheelies ...... Went thru three of them on my R .... Finally built one out of 1/4 inch steel ...I can dig holes in the asphalt with that baby!

Old 01-26-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

Man, I can't make a decission. I was thinking about studding my tires, but the place that I ride the most is in a pit, so the gravel and rocks would just tear them up! Then I take it out to my dads house today, and just for s--ts and giggles, I took it on the river. What a blast, but overpowering it just a little and I was doing 40 mph donuts! I can't afford to buy another set of tires and switch back and forth, and my Scrambler Rims won't fit from what I understand. Haven't really looked to be sure, but I don't think they will. Man!!!!

Old 01-26-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

My Gallery is approved now.

You can loop this bike out easily.
You can't loop it out with the suspension dropped.

I have my own gravel pit's but there under 2 feet of snow right now so I'm running the studs. KFX 400 want's to try me tomorrow up at the lake. He doesn't have a chance. He's not studded and he knows he's in for a azz kicking. Trading his KFX 400 next week for a predator when it comes in he claims.

Quick Reply: 4x4 TLD Predator