Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

4x4 TLD Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

G'day Pleasure. Great pics. Can you please give me some hints on your wheelies? Standing or sitting, gears etc. I wont tell anyone promise.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] thanks from down under, Geoff.

Old 01-26-2003, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

I take it your trying to wheelie the predator Geoff
I generally do them sitting. kinda going slow in second i give the throttle a quick burst to make sure the engine is with me... which lurches the bike forward... a byproduct of doing this is that it compresses the front shocks a bit to give me more spring ( from the rebound) after the bike lurches I give it a bunch of throttle lean back and pull up on the handlebars slightly , Once I am at balance point I ride until I'm reved out then I shift to third. Always keeping my foot hovering over the rear brake if I feel I'm going over to far I tap the rear brake. Practice , Practice, Practice! ( and a few grab bars )

Old 01-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

To wheelie I'll wick the throttle sometimes (fully open, closed then fully open again) while driving about half throttle in 1st, 2nd or 3rd and slightly pull up on the bars. Other times I'll just push it wide open and give a little tug on the bars.

Cause I'am driving on snow and ice here (sometimes I have to be going about 1/2 throttle in whatever gear; pull in the clutch, rev it up and drop it) and at the same time while standing I shift my weight back over the quad abit.

Even with 322 studs in each rear tire I'm still spinning quite abit.

From then on it's just a matter of throttle control. If you get really good at it you can wheelie just a far in 1st as you can in 3rd or 4th, you just won't be travelling as fast. 3rd gear wheelies I find are the easiest on this bike just cause you can go farther before hitting the rev limiter and your travelling faster plus it looks really sweet when you on ice or packed snow and everyone else is just spining in circles.

I stand up when doing long wheelies most of the time so I can see over the top of the quad, but sometimes I will just sit on the seat and look over one side to see where I'm going.

Spent the afternoon riding today and never lost a stud. So that's 2 afternoon's and not one stud has ripped out yet on me. Feeling pretty lucky perhaps I should buy a lotto ticket.

Old 01-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default 4x4 TLD Predator

I USED THE SAME SCREWS AND RODE ON A LITTLE PAVEMENT, A COUPEL OF MILES AND THE HEADS WORE OFF THEM NOW THERE STUCK IN MY TIRES