Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 11:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator suspension

Don't take it personally. I've seen to many people get on a bike and take off expecting it to be automatically tuned for their riding style. My buddy has never adjusted anything on his Banshee and feels worked at the end of the day. He fights the thing all day long and I give him a hard time to spend a little time to play with the suspension. He makes me laugh because I've seen his *** higher than his head on a few occasions. Remember you are comparing two very different quads. The Preditor was built to be torchered. It's going to take a series of adjustments to get things dialed in just right. I spent two full days dialing mine in including playing with tire pressure. Believe me it makes a difference. When I first rode the Preditor I thought I made a mistake because it was so stiff. I'm in my mid 30's and do not want to put my body through hell the next day just to go a little faster then the rest of the crowd. My 400ex was dialed in and I rode another buddies raptor a lot and almost bought one. I'm glad I waited. Both of these bikes rode a bit softer, however the 400ex would bottom out over rough terrain and the Raptor felt like it was going to tip over through hard tight turns. I would suggest you keep tuning what you have before you spend any money. You deserve it.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:10 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Winner whats up?
I live in Temecula ......
Do you ride out at the airport?
Glamis? Where did you buy your pred?
I went to glamis a couple of weeks ago for the first time with this bike.....
My wife loves the bike and I think... Well it's ok.... Just kidding, that bike is a pure duning machine
Anyway give me a shout maybe we'll go tear up the EMX track!
BTW your right about the tire pressure makes a big difference....
Tres

Old 01-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree, the front suspension of the predator is too stiff. I live in southwest minnesota and we have been riding road ditches with little or no snow. Two weeks ago we put on around 70 miles and my arms wear dead tired. The field approches were fine but that constant jaring was unbearable. I emailed fox shocks and they called me right back. They gave me an 800 number. I ordered the valving for $15.00 per shock

Old 01-30-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

PREDATORMAN1 - Are you talking about the remote rezy's? Or just having your shocks re-valved? Thanks.

Old 01-30-2003, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think that you have to ride some really rough terrain to appreciate how good the Pred suspension really is. I agree that it might be a little stiff for some of the smaller bumps, but if you start busting over rocks or logs like we do here in Arkansas, the fronts are perfect. You can screw the preload all the way off and still not bottom the shocks. It will also lower the bike about two inches. It makes the biggest difference out back.

Old 01-30-2003, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Actually, the rezzi's are great bang for the buck, along with the additional cooling, they allow you to fine tune the fronts down 8 valve settings softer than the stock valving.

Ken

Old 01-30-2003, 01:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am just talking about revalving

Old 01-30-2003, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

rezzi's are quite costley. $300.00

Old 01-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

I was told the rezzi's adjust up from stock not softer.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: DuneRocket
I have to say that the suspension on my Pred. sucks bad my Scrambler rides way better. What shocks are out there for the Pred. I don't want the Walker Evans shocks. never heard of those.
I was considering new shocks until I started messin with the stock ones. I dont need new ones anymore...

Anyways...

I contacted Elka about a month ago. The do have shocks for the Predator. Triple Rate, Ressies with sagging device, compression adjust, one more inch travel goes for 900. Contact Elka directly. Said they ship within three weeks.

Quick Reply: Predator suspension