Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

After reading this post Bill450es you need to watch ATV Television

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2000, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trailboss; I agree to a point in that the tire does not have to spin to provide pull, BUT if not enough pull is provided you WILL still be stuck! Imagine this, your back wheels are against a log, spinning, ( block up rear of 4wheeler) one front tire is cocked up in the air spinning, ( block one front tire also off the ground), other front is planted firmly on bank not spinning, there may be torque applied to it! ( with 3 wheels in the air WILL it pull itself off the blocks), my point is still limited slip will provide pull but not enough in most cases to get you unstuck, if it won't provide enough torque to spin a wheel it is wasted energy!

Old 04-21-2000, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bill450es I applaud you for your attitude you seem like a pretty nice guy even if you do ride a honda, I read in one of the other post that Honda will not be putting the Rancher front end on the new Rubicon what do you think of that...and sxr6 I think you made a good point kinda of what the opposite of what everybody is thinking...good point what happens to limited slip when you have 3 tires off the ground which is not impossible here where we ride. Fellows more of you need to have an attitude like Bill450es take in consideration I know you all love your machine as much as I do but its not like someone is talking about how cute your 15 year old daughter is...lighten up guys as Bill450es says it is a forum and if everybody agreed would this be such a fun place to hang out. I hear on hear how arguements cause forums to have a bad rep...well I hade to tell you this but the human race thrives on despair...I must admit I come here looking for good clean arguements to see what good and bad points are being made...gee fellows as long as we keep it clean with good basic facts or thoughts whats the harm. As long as we don't have people coming in attributing stuff like certain brands suck or name calling isn't this is what it is really all about in good fun...

Old 04-21-2000, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

JC Baloun, Thank you for letting me know what effects traction. My machine is red and grey, so some dark and some light colours, seems to me it would make it average for traction. Hope we meet on the trail some day so we can trade information like this and I may be able to point out some info to you. Good luck, Ray.

Old 04-22-2000, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Bob4x4! Bob on this! Say what you want about your precious rancher. Its the camaro to the Rubicon corvette! The poor mans jordan. Great quad, but still has its flaws like everything else. Its a very advanced limited slip, but you still can find places where the limited shows true and the polaris or king quad finds a way up and over. I like the Ranchers differential, but this wasn't about a rancher now was it. Nope, they may be talking about that rust colored turd over on the honda forum, but not here. This was different, and did not originate over the rancher. The points have been made here, and all thats left is pointless bickering until it dies. Its just about 90% of the time that you aren't going to change anyones mind in a forum arguement. Mr. assham? I've heard that since second grade. I'm not offended, I've been called worse. Your front end will pull better than the old 300 and my AC for that matter, but it still doesn't pull like a locked one or a polaris. You can ride high and mighty until one day, when you will find a spot that even you will slip out in, and then some smart guy on a polaris will drive up, and back down, and back up, and then ask you whats wrong. And then you'll say..... well, you probably won't say much.

Old 04-22-2000, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

the only reason i bought a rancher over a mag500 is the RELIABILIY issues of polaris. granted they have come ALONG way in the past three years but the still have a ways to go. when i'm in the market for another quad hopefully polaris will have all the bugs worked out AND YES THE AWD SYSTEM WILL BE THE MAIN SELLING POINT
or if the new yamaha sport quad is as good as it's supposed to be.......
oh, well i'm talkin along way down the road

Old 04-22-2000, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

I would like to apologize for my previous post, its funny how threads involving Andy Bassham have a way of turning in to name calling pissing contests.

Old 04-23-2000, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree... the limited slip, does not work when there is one front tire in the air... I used to own a KQ (KingQuad)LT300R). More than once I had it in a mudbogg hole/pit where one tire was in the air and spinning while the tire on/in the mud was not spinning... and even if it was it was not turning fast enough to actually see it happen... I don't like critisizing my type of machines ether, but... it does happen... that is if you buch of ****ed up dummies know how to ride, and ride on real terrain instead of your back lanes or roads... or even SMALL mud holes!

Sorry if I offended anyone... just say'n my oppinion. Later...

and I agree, this is suppost to be somewhere where we share our information on what we KNOW! and not try to be igrorrent to the next person, just because you love your machines more than the other makes.

Old 04-23-2000, 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yep Bob, they do, and I believe that you were the instigating name caller as well. It was nice that you posted the apology though whether it was to me or the forum in general.

Old 04-23-2000, 02:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

what channel is it on, what time(s), day(s)... I would need the channel(s) accurate for a satallite or cable channel(s). Thanks a bunch...

If you don't mind... could you please email your info to me and say that you read this post of, of ATVing.com

Calvin

again... thanks a million!

If you can't drive fast and wreakless, you shouldn't be driving! lol!

Old 04-23-2000, 02:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

what channel is it on, what time(s), day(s)... I would need the channel(s) accurate for a satallite or cable channel(s). Thanks a bunch...

If you don't mind... could you please email your info to me and say that you read this post of, of ATVing.com

Calvin

again... thanks a million!

If you can't drive fast and wreakless, you shouldn't be driving! lol!

Polaris_102@hotmail.com

(Polaris)= SNOWMOBILES... NOT 4-WHEELERS!

Quick Reply: After reading this post Bill450es you need to watch ATV Television