Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Most Power? SP700,Grizz,Praire, or Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Power? SP700,Grizz,Praire, or Rincon

Who do you think has the most power? I know all the mags say the Praire does, but is it all power, or is it because of the light weight, so it feels powerful. I know the sp700 is 140lbs heavier then the rest of the big bores, but for a 740lb atv, the motor can really go, especially when you put the Heelclicker clutch kit in. So if you were to make all the big bores the same weight, who would come out on top? I know when I had my 02 Grizz, I put 26" bearclaws on and gained 42lbs, and also felt a little power loss. If I added 100 more lbs to be the same weight as the 700, I know my 700 would beat it. I don't want to start any flamming, just want your thoughts on it.

Old 02-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

V-TWIN prairie! No question.

Old 02-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, Prairies are nice if all you want is a little machine.

Settle down, I'm just teasing!

Some people drive Toyotas, I like my Chevy 1 ton. It's just a matter of personal preference, I can see where my preferences show through in what I drive to what I ride.

Power is a subjective term, often misunderstood. There is a lot of talk about horsepower, which is the wrong way to charecterize what most people think of as power. What they really mean ( I believe) is torque. Motors should be compared by torque specs, not horsepower. At least as far as utility quads go. The Prairie and the Grizzly may have more HP for all I know, but they don't have the feeling of power that all the torque gives you. And, yes, I have ridden them all. Well, except for the Rincon, and I've ridden enough older Hondas to know I have no interest in trying one.

Old 02-21-2003, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

hey GE4x4, can I have some info on the heelclicker? Like how much, how difficult, how improved, that sort of thing.
thanks

Old 02-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

I paid $150 through a member of this and other forums. You might of seen his name. Cob. My dealer put it in for free, (I have a great dealer) so I don't know how hard it is to install. The best part I like about the kit is, the engagement is not far of idle, yet there is no belt slippage or lag when taking off. When I gun it, it engages awesome, and takes off like you wouldn't believe (once my 26" tires stop spinning) and gets up to speed FAST. I haven't done a top speed yet, to see if I lost any, but I don't care about that to much, I want power from the start, and that is what the Heelclicker did for me. I can drive in high range a lot more then before. So less shifting between high and low. This is best thing I liked about it. Maybe some day we can hook up, and I can let you try mine compared to yours, to see if there is a difference you like.

Old 02-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Ive had guys ask me to race my 700 agaist there big bore grizz .praire all of them and and yes they are alittle faster but then I pull out my strap and ask them to pull them back to back in the grass funny not one has taken me up on it. the puss on the praire dog said he would pull agaist the grizzy but not my sportsman 700. wonder why.If you but on a k-n filter and a heelclicker and rejet it you can run with anyone of the big bores....

Old 02-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Damn GE4x4 u gotta lotta toys, that predator is looking pretty awesome, how do those compare to the other stop quads (400ex, rapter, banshee)

Old 02-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

What exactly does the heel clicker do?

Who can I get one through?

Anyone running after market exhausts?

Old 02-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Between the Prarie and 700 it would be very close. At a atv pull this past summer there was a 700 with 28" Outlaws on it and they added 400lbs plus a rider and it pulled with very impresive torque. The track was hooking very well to aggresive tires. My brother in-law has a Prarie with 27" 589s at the time and weighted up to the legal 1050lbs. The distance between the 2 was close with the edge going to the Polaris because of the added weight. But just the power it took to turn those big meats on that tacky track with all that added weight. Very impressive for the Polaris and I don't even like them, I would like to have seen the Kawi loaded up equal just to see how he could have spun them. The Rincon didn't stand a chance on this track there were 2 the first one couldn't even move the sled or turn it's tires, the second one went back to the truck after seeing the first. There were no 660s that day but my 450 Kodiak was spinning out about 12 feet less than the Pol. A Rubi was powering out about 30 feet back. I believe this is a great test of power between quads if weighted equally.

Old 02-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey mudcat thats pretty neat.I would like to do an atv pull with my 700 they look like atlot of fun...are them 589s on that kodiak and if so how do you like them?

Quick Reply: Most Power? SP700,Grizz,Praire, or Rincon