Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ritter's pipe,maybe???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2000, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K. Rick, I did not do any modification to your pipe after my first installation,after a week of testing is when I decided to do these modifications,before I even started up my Sport
I was able to move the pipe inside the frame and when I took every thing off that is when I noticed the wallowing of the bracket, it was slite but from my experience it would have gotten worse.
I like your pipe,my Sport runs great and this is after two months of riding and testing the pipe.
So I hope this help you out,see ya buy!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2000, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

I also installed the Stage 1 kit on my 99 Sc400. I too had concerns about the pipe not being secure enough. After speaking with Rick, he said the black muffler shroud will hold the pipe in place. Upon inspection and some talking to the local Polaris dealer, they said the tape that lines the shroud is rated at about 300-350 degrees. I went out and bought some aluminum tape, and added an extra 2-3 layers of tape to the shroud. I also covered a plug/jack connector on the tranny housing with 2 layers of tape to protect it from melting. The pipe is very secure, and the extra tape is the ticket. I used the silencer and bracket that came with the kit.

I personally am very pleased with the sound and performance of the setup. Rick is about the most helpful and knowledgeable guy around. I have called numerous other aftermarket companies about their products, and they were helpful to the point of getting me off the phone. Rick seems interested in making sure you're satisfied and that everything is working.

I have caused quite a few raised eyebrows with my RCR'd Scrambler. Even the guys I ride with, 2 diehard YZ250 riders, say the thing really rips, and 1 is even considering actually buying one.

Overall, they say the best measure of how satisfied you are is if you would not only buy, but recommend to others a company. I would most definitely do both.

Later,

Old 04-18-2000, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I installed a mid range pipe on my 2000 2X4 400 Scrambler over the weekend. It seemed loud so I removed the small silencer and slid the factory silencer over the outlet pipe and it didn't quiet it dowm much more. It seems that that the pipe itself is producing a "tinny" sound.
I also seem to be having some trouble with the pipe contacting the recoil starter housing and the shifter linkage. I pulled the pipe off and pushed in the areas that were contacting, but now the pipe wants to rotate back into contact with the shifter linkage.
I'll take another look at it tomorrow after work.

Old 04-18-2000, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

What differences do you see in performance with this set-up? Low? Midrange? Top?
Does the 90 degree elbow cut noise a lot???

Old 04-19-2000, 01:01 AM
Range Rover

i went with the HPD pipe and silenser on my 99 sport 400 and it fit great and looks great the I mainly went with hpd because of there great workmanship and every 400l at the dunes with hpd mods sure seem to run faster than all the others
[fmf,aane,dg] to be fair to rcr i have never seen his stuff, it dosnt seem as popular here out west as the others

Old 04-19-2000, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer

you must have got the wrong rick ritter when you called. he helps and answers questens that I had and at that point I didnt even buy anything.

lipp
99 sc 400 rcr ful-mod

Old 04-19-2000, 10:26 AM
Range Rover

Rick, have you made any progress on the oo explorer 400 stage 1 kit? I know a couple of other folks offer pipes for the 00 explorer but I really like the idea of getting all the components as a kit.
Thanks
Joe

Old 04-19-2000, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

Same here I called Rick 4 to 5 times with all kinds of stupid questions before I even bought the kit!!! He has never been anything but cool to me.

Old 04-19-2000, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys,

We actually have someone here who listens to complaints and praise on the forum. Rick Ritter is a great guy, but he'll have to be on watch from now on. Now that he has started a trend (listening to people who buy his products)that others might not care to follow, namely Polaris.

My hat goes off to both Rick and Amy of Ritter Cycle Racing. If more businesses were like this there wouldn't be half the trouble there is in the world of ATVing.

Old 04-19-2000, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

I am more than happy with my RCR Pipe.

The silence looks great, the bracket to me is better than stock, and he was very helpful.

I was asking questions on the forum and he had offered to call me!

Quick Reply: Ritter's pipe,maybe???