Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2000, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick Ritter for President!!

Old 04-20-2000, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can say from personal experience on snowmobiles, atv's, and dirtbikes, ordering and installing many different aftermarket items, both performance and accessory, that Rick Ritter is about the MOST helpful and concerned about his customers satisfaction after the sale. I spent close to 3 hours total time with him on the phone for my Sc400 stage 1 kit. When the problem turned out to be my fault, he simply said,"Hey, it happens, I hope it runs good for you now."

Along the way to finding the problem, I could tell he knew his way around the quad. I'm telling you, if the dealers knew as much as him, and were as helpful, I would let them do more of the work on my quads. Right now, no dealer, not even a Honda dealer, will work on any of my quads. A Honda dealer tuned-up my Kawasaki, and filled it with ethylene-glycol anti-freeze and fried the mechanical seal in my water pump, causing the engine to overheat and blow the top end. $2200 bucks worth of damage, they admitted that anti-freeze shouldn't have been used, but refused to pay for any damage.

I've had the same results with about 75% of the aftermarket companies I've bought from. Their technical help lines will only go so far and then, bye-bye, gotta get to another call. Half the time, their advice is screwy, and if your calling about a Polaris, they only know about their product on a Yamaha, Suzuki, etc.

I've found a good, small local guy who used to work at a giant YamaHonSuzawasaki dealer and opened his own acc. shop. Great advice and knowledgeable as heck. I posted and recommended Ritter on his bulletin board. Talking with him, I understand better why most dealers will never change, and why I like guys like him and Rick so much.

Sorry so long, Later