Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Carb Cables???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb Cables???

I am getting ready to take the carb off of my Predator to rejet and my questions is how do you take the 2 cables loose? They both have nuts on top but I do not want to mess with them until I know how they come off. THANKS!!!!!

Old 02-26-2003, 12:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Carb Cables???

You shouldn't have to take it all the way off, loosen the front clamp and rotate it 90 degrees.

Old 02-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carb Cables???

If you do want to remove the carb completely though the accelerator cable which is the uppermost cable can be rmoved by pulling out the entire carb throttle valve. It comes out of the center of the carb by unscrewing the whole top assembly from the carb. That's the center cap that the cable screws down into. You don't need to mess with the adjustment nuts or you'll have to readjust those once you put it back together. You'll probably want to readjust those a little anyway if you have the entire carb out.
To remove the other cable which is the choke cable just loosen the larger nut on the bottom of the cable where it enters the carb and the choke valve will then come out.
If you're not comfortable messing with the adjusting nuts on the cables then you might be better off just rotating the carb to get to the jet like modqaud suggested.

Old 02-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carb Cables???

i know absolutely nothin about the predator, but to remove teh carb cable from the 400ex's carb, you gotta take a plastic cover off to remove the stopper at the end of the cable. maybe thats how the preditor works too?

Old 02-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carb Cables???

"To remove the other cable which is the choke cable just loosen the larger nut on the bottom of the cable where it enters the carb and the choke valve will then come out.
If you're not comfortable messing with the adjusting nuts on the cables then you might be better off just rotating the carb to get to the jet like modqaud suggested."

To remove the throttle cable I removed the 3 screws from the side cover, opened the throttle wide open and slipped the cable around and removed the stopper and unhooked the cable and then screwed it out of the carb. Very simple if you have small fingers otherwise get the wife. *L*

Did anyone else have a really hard time removing the 4 float bowl screws and the 2 top screws on the carb? I had major problems and had to bring out the power tools. Tim the Tool man would of loved me.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carb Cables???

To remove the throttle cable I removed the 3 screws from the side cover, opened the throttle wide
open and slipped the cable around and removed the stopper and unhooked the cable and then screwed it out of the carb. Very simple if you have small fingers otherwise get the wife. *L*
thats exactly what i did to get mine out