Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ignition switch plug

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition switch plug

Would anyone know where I might find an ignition wiring harness plug for a 03 scrambler 500? My machine was stolen yesterday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] , but recovered later in the day. They cut the wires leading to the ignition switch and hot wired it (it was locked in a garage) I got a new switch already but I need the plug that goes on the end of the harness to plug into the ignition switch. I am trying to just connect the wires with small connectors but am finding it a bit difficult. The dealer wants $215.00 just for the harness and all I need is the plug on the end. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bummed

Old 02-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I feel your pain, just lost a radar detector and a laptop. Let's start chopping off fingers (that's if proven guilty). There are some atv salvage places out there, maybe try a search, or someone else might know a site. If nothing else, you could be some shrink tubing, and solder them back together, then heat up the shrink tube to make a weather-proof seal. I'd also check around, there are some motion detcetion alarms for not too much ching....my shop is wired for sound now. If a mouse farts, I'll get 'em!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, i've got all the motion sensors, lights, and sirens but didn't have them completely hooked up yet. It sure shows what procrastinating can do to ya! Sound though? haven't seen that one on the market. Am also picking up one of those x-10 wireless video cameras. My buddy has one and they work excellent. (and they're pretty cool too!)