Polaris Killer

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 09:42 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Killer

NCScrambler,

First off, the title of this Thread was posted by a Polaris rider, not a Kawi loyalist, trying to proclaim that the KFX700 is the Greatest. Second, whether or not your Modded Scram would beat a Modded 700 is yet to be seen. It is safe to make such a statement when there isn't anything out there yet to contradict it. Trust me, if one thing is for certain, it is that someone will eventually build the Sh*t out of one of the 700's and they will make it work just as you have made your Scram get up and scoot. Can you say 800+ cc's Third, due to the Shaft Drive, you don't have the ground clearance problems that you have with the Chain Driven quad. So going up or down in tire size is of relatively no concern for the 700.

Last but not least, it simply AMAZES me how you can sit here and contradict yourself by saying that the 700 can't be modded without eating the belt, but yet a person can mod the He!! out of a Scrambler making 60, 70 + HP and the belt will hold up just fine. Before you start in about the weight difference between your Scam 4X4 and a KFX700, don't forget the extra stress put on your belt by the extra 2 wheels that it has to drive when engaged. Also, according to the same issue of ATV Sport (April 2001), they weighed the Scrambler 500 2WD and it came in at 523 lbs dry, 551 lbs wet. If I'm not mistaken that is MORE than a KFX700. One more thing, I have seen Chains break many times too.

What is Revolutionary about the KFX700? The V-Twin, the Front Single Spar Frame (That if I am not mistaken, is the first Production Sport Quad to have one.), the long A-Arms and Shock Geometry. Simple little things like the Wet Disk Brake System that makes servicing of the rear brake virtually un-necessary, Rear mount Fuel Tank, allowing for the Airbox to be at the highest point of the quad with the exception of the handlebars, Handlebar mounted Shift selector. ALL this, PLUS the fact that it is the First SPORT Quad to have a Shaft Drive (Good or Bad) makes it Revolutionary.

Spin it how you want, these are the Facts, which after 7 pages of this Thread is more than any of you nay-sayers has given to prove that it isn't Revolutionary. Your claim is that Polaris made Sport Quads with CVT, so it can't be Revolutionary. Not even close to what I would call backing up your statement.

modquad,

First off, it nice to be yacking with ya again. Unfortunately, apparently nothing has changed.

I am Far from a Kawi-Team Green flag waver. I recently purchased a 2nd Suzuki for my Wife and took my buddies kid down to the local Polaris dealer and helped him buy a Predator. He was actually interested in a KFX400, but due to his riding style an ability, I thought that the Predator would be a better choice for him. It was the right decision, he loves it. Just two days ago, I took my Brother in Law down to the Honda shop and used my I-owe-you's with the owner to get him a great deal on a new 400EX. They also sell Kawi's there. I appear to have dropped my Flag. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You like to throw your "transient" phrase around a lot, I think that I have heard this before. This Forum is for everyone, and there are no boundaries. Last time I checked, this Forum was for grown people to have open debates and discussions about ATV's of all makes and models. If the rules have changed, I must have missed the bulletin. If you don't like being involved in a Debate of this nature, you simply don't have to respond. You are Welcome in the Kawi Forum any time.

I guess I just don't understand the Paranoia of the Polaris owners that continually scream FOUL or make claims of organized conspiracies against them. Ride what you like, to hell with Dirt Wheels. By the way, I agree with you, that name calling is not necessary.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

OK, maybe I sounded like I contradicted myself with the belt. But, the aftermarket has stepped up to the plate for the Polaris CVT clutches including high strength belts. I am currently running a Kevlar reinforced belt with my mods, which may be overkill, but it gets the job done nicely. Until the aftermarket comes out with all the mods and the r&d they have spent with the Polaris CVT though, you are stuck with your stock configuration. I see your point with ground clearance and tires and ratios, but don't you think it is a little cheaper and quicker to swap out sprockets and chains rather than tires?? I would hate the day that the shaft goes out on one of the Kawis because that would be some major repair money spent, but if you had the chain and sprockets, heck, for under 100 you are back in business. I know who started this thread and trust me, I give him heck over it!!! I don't care how much a 500 weighs, I ride a 400 that has been on a diet and I am sure weighs much less than the 700. So, if all of that was revolutionary with the 700, why wasn't the Predator being praised as revolutionary for it's from end geometry and virtual absence of bump steer??? Because DW is biased, plain and simple. I am just curious, how hard is it to refuel one of those 700's during a race?? I didn't see any get the dump can at the GNCC race... I mean does the rider have to jump off in order for the tank to be re-filled. I am asking this honestly as I do not know. You are right, there are alot of first for a Sport quad with the Kawi, but they have all been tried on other quads(not necessarily sports) but, If you can't see my point, why was the Scrambler 4X4 not proclaimed revolutionary in it's infancy because of it's cvt, switchable 4wd, full floorboards, etc??? Just wondering. I think the 700 is something special, it is something new and hopefully leading the market in the right direction, but DW words I believe were poorly chosen and biased.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Like I said, what's wrong with being Polaris loyalists? We like our machines. If I was galavanting around the Kawi forum ranting about Polaris, hmmm, maybe I'd be stirring something up. Hit the hornet's nest with a stick, and you're gonna get some buzzing. Most of us learned that at a young age. Duh!

Old 05-19-2003, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

1st things first:

Fact: polaris is the first to come out with the pvt system in 85.
check out their web site.

Now Bubba said he was done with this thread and that he was only poking fun at
the new, first auto that was revalotionary to the sport market.
Which Dirty wheels has basically stated. Thats all, didn't mean to get the green team
green with uhhhh never mind.....

Now as for the 700 tearing the competion well I haven't seen it.
In matter of fact at little sahara there was two of the 700's out racing.
Now the reason why I say this is that my little ole 250 quadracer was outrunning
them by at least 4 lenghts. Now I guess I could say that maybe they didn't know
how to shift the quads ohhh wait lets see oh yea there Autos well maybe they
where putting them into R for racing???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now you guys don't have to get your panties in a wad over this. We are all free to make
our own statements. And this thread was started back in March and was basically was talking about
dirty wheels and how they are bias against polaris. Which is fine, they have free speech also.
they just won't have any more of my money.

By the way for the guys that havn't been on this
forum this is
Dana writing this not Bubba.

See ya
Dana

Old 05-20-2003, 04:49 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Man, look at this, I got the Tri-Fecta.

NCScrambler,

The 700 already comes with an improved belt over what comes in the heavier P650 (Not certain, but I believe that I read somewhere that it was a Kevlar reinforced belt. Please correct me if I am wrong.). The fuel filler is in the rear behind the seat. I believe that Roll Design already has a quick-fill filler neck for the 700.

I personally believe that the Predator is one of if not the best race ready quad available on the market today (C-dales aside), so you won't get any argument out of me on that issue.

modquad,

That's good and all, but I would be willing to bet, that if I went on the Kawi Forum and started slinging mud about Polaris, it wouldn't take very long for you guys to come and defend your quads, and I hope that you would.

Hi Dana,

Now I see where Bubba gets his wittiness from. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have been one of the biggest critics of the KFX700 as far as it's ability in the Sand. I have stated on several occasions, that it does OK in the sand, but because of it's weight, I don't personally believe that it is in it's best element out on the Dunes. I personally prefer my KFX400 for Dune riding. On the other hand, my Wife prefers the 700. Go figure.

Old 05-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

Modsquad...

If you went galavanting around the Kawi forum with the weak a** argument you presented so far they would throw a well-supported, factual arguement in your face, pretty similiar to what RPM has done, and then blow you off and flame your rants because you continually fail to try and substantiate anything you say...the only point you have clearly stated is this is a polaris forum and you can state your opiniion if you want...and if others dont agree they can state theres as said before...just because they can support their argument better then you they shouldnt be on the polaris forum...kinda I dont like you go take your quad and play concept ... is it the predator 90 you ride

NCScrambler...hahahaha....you dont care what anyone else thinks but here is what you think aye...hahahhaha...alrighty then. With your idea exchange concept excluded I actually can see where you are coming from and believe you to be one of the few that actually come up with points to support what your are trying to say. Your also the first to say that neither one isnt a sport quad and though i may not agree your consistant...there is logic...and can actually see where you like the diversity of the scrambler and how the 4wd better fits your riding style...based off what you like to do the scram is probably a better fit...I personally believe the 700 is a GREAT handling bike with a ton of untapped potential and is a friggin blast to ride...diffferent riding styles and wants different quads...touche

Dana...good job beating that 700...enjoy it while its last...because if you believe after they start untapping that quads potential that 250r will continue to smoke it then you have something on to tight cutting off circulatiion...could be your panties...250r has had alot of time for them to develop a way to get the most out of that quad...GREAT quad that allows them to get a ton out of it...my buddy beat a 250r on flat hard packed surface in a drag stock. As far as the KFX 700 tearing up the competition read some of the GNCC standings and finishes...that is what we have posted it is doing so well in...that is the competition you have been hearing about it tearing up right???...its performance and race finishes are posted in several mags. On another note...I have a prairie 650 4x4 that has the V-Twin not as hopped up the 700...the thing comes from factory far more detuned then any other quad...timeing is retarded more then 28 degrees and its still the fastest 4x4 ute...they have just finished a cdi module that is available now...it has that 600 pound quad wheeling over on its back and ripping through mid-range hitting speeds of 80 mph...they say the 700 module is right around the corner as it is practically the same thing just tweaked for the 700...imagine what that thing will do if you want performance...and that is just by bringing the timing closer to dead center...so the force is on its way.

Let me say again, even though again it will fall on deaf ears...I dont think the 700 is the greatest quad in the world for everyone. Just exchanging information on the far fetched ideas that have been thrown out here on the quad...and not on what everyone wants to ride or polaris in general...it is as much of a sport quad as any other just bigger with untapped potential and pretty diverse in the SPORT quad field...its not as light and nimble as the z400 or 250r on the track but still track capable...cant out drag a banshee but will show to blow most others away once people understand the design....so its not like i am on my little green pedastool...just shining the light on the 700 uping the bar in several areas and having a blast pointing out the fact to those that want to rip on the quad because they dont like what the mags say...

Old 05-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

yadda, yadda, yadda, Dana don't waste your time with these insecure instigators. Botox, anytime, anywhere, we'll run 'em just tell me which machine to bring. Rant all you want over in the Kawi forum, could care less. Yawn.

Old 05-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

Let me know when and where you meet I would like to bring a couple of my POLARIS'S