Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Killer

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 11:11 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Killer

If Polaris had been the one to come out with an all new 700 Scrambler, this Debate wouldn't even be taking place. The same people that are saying that the KFX700 Can't do this, or Can't do that (Without ever having ridden one), would have looked deep inside their Crystal Ball and saw a vision of a Big Bore Scrambler with a Giant "S" on the front of it catching BIG AIR in all of it's 700lb glory, and proclaim it to be the Baddest Quad Ever Built!!!

It would be Faster than a Speeding Raptor!

Stronger than a Prarie650!

Able to Leap the tallest Dunes in a single bound!

Look it's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's "SUPER SCRAMBLER" Dun Da Da DAAA!!!

Just Messin around, No hate mail PLEASE. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

There's the truth. If Polaris had made the V-Force and called it a 700 Scrambler, guys on this forum would've said its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'm defending it because it surprises me that Polaris guys want to talk crap about it. One thing I've always like about the Polaris forum is that people here take a lot of grief, but they rarely felt the need to talk unprovoked trash on other quads. Now that Polaris has a sport quad, I guess people's chests have swelled up enough that they feel the need to put down something else.

And Ken, I get Bubba's original point just fine and I agree with it. I also notice he was not one of the people saying the Kawi was identical to a Polaris 2x4.

Quote from a guy in the Kawi forum who HAS ridden the V-Force: "This is probably the best all around quad I've ridden next to a full race bike."

Old 03-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

funny how every body bashes polaris cause of belt drive but if its a kawi its ok

Old 03-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

I'm ready for it. I've got 42 at the wheel, it's got 46. Mine Z is 146 lbs lighter. That equals a passenger.

My scrambler weighed 500 lbs and was worked up pretty good. It was fun and fast but I didn't like the auto. People have made fun of that quad for days yet it's being copied now, just like everything else Polaris does. CVT, IRS, floorboards, on and on. They are innovating.

Old 03-01-2003, 04:54 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

CAN NO ONE FEEL MY PAIN???

I do understand what the meaning of your original post was. I just don't happen to agree with your conclusion.

I personally could care less if it has an Auto Trany or a Manual Trany. The Inovative part of the KFX700 is NOT it's AUTO TRANY, it's more about the Big V-Twin. I would go as far as putting the Auto Trany at the bottom of the importance list. Even some the die-hard Kawi guys think that Kawi blew it by going with the Auto. I don't think that any of the reviews have gone overboard on their impressions of the Auto. I will wait to make my decission.

As far as the weight goes, do you know what the one thing that can overcome the 550lb (Wet) weight of the 700? TORQUE, 45ftlbs of it. This quad has TORQUE like no other factory quad. Even the Prarie 650 only has 38ftlbs of Torque and weighs roughly 100lbs more. Torque is that seat of the pants, arm pulling feeling you get when you hit the throttle and this quad is gonna PULL.

The KFX700 was designed and is being marketed as a GNCC race ready machine. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think there are too many Big Air Triples or 50 ft table top jumps involved in GNCC racing. Everyone keeps talking about how this thing won't be worth a dam as a MX Quad. I would say that you are probably right. That is why Kawi is not claiming it is.

The folks at Kawasaki have enough faith in this quads abilities, that they are backing it up with REAL $$$$$, $100,000-plus in contingency money. That's called putting your money where your mouth is!!! I don't see any of the other manufactures putting up that kind of support. Talk is Cheap, but backing it up with Cash, says something about confidence.

Old 03-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

RPM
Where are you getting those numbers from. As far as I know, the Kfx700 has not been dynoed yet. Also has the Prairie been dynoed. I'm just saying that because someone had there Rincon dynoed, and in stock form with stock tires, the Rincon only put out 20.4rwhp. It's hard to belive the Prairie has 40hp while the Rincon has 20hp.

Old 03-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

Originally posted by: KevinM
There's the truth. If Polaris had made the V-Force and called it a 700 Scrambler, guys on this forum would've said its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'm defending it because it surprises me that Polaris guys want to talk crap about it. One thing I've always like about the Polaris forum is that people here take a lot of grief, but they rarely felt the need to talk unprovoked trash on other quads. Now that Polaris has a sport quad, I guess people's chests have swelled up enough that they feel the need to put down something else.

And Ken, I get Bubba's original point just fine and I agree with it. I also notice he was not one of the people saying the Kawi was identical to a Polaris 2x4.

Quote from a guy in the Kawi forum who HAS ridden the V-Force: "This is probably the best all around quad I've ridden next to a full race bike."
Kevin,
You are right if Polaris made a Scrambler 700 these guys would be happy, why not be. Their point that I'm getting form this thread is that if Polaris did make it even if it performed better than the V-Force is supposed to that Dirt Wheels would bag the crap out of it because its a Polaris but since Kawi did it its terrific. And they are probably right. Their complaint is more against Dirt Wheels than the V-Force.

Old 03-01-2003, 10:08 AM
CED
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Boy you explained this whole thing in just a couple of sentences.Well done.Later.

Old 03-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

[quote]
Originally posted by: skidkid
Originally posted by: KevinM

Kevin,
You are right if Polaris made a Scrambler 700 these guys would be happy, why not be. Their point that I'm getting form this thread is that if Polaris did make it even if it performed better than the V-Force is supposed to that Dirt Wheels would bag the crap out of it because its a Polaris but since Kawi did it its terrific. And they are probably right. Their complaint is more against Dirt Wheels than the V-Force.
Exactly CED, It took 3 pages for one guy to sum it all up. Skidkid, thank you. That was what I was really trying to get across. That and the fact that I hope the belt drive hold up to the torque and hard riding of the public. Bubba

Old 03-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Like I said, I got the point all along. Before the Predator, Polaris has never gotten the credit they should have for their innovations. I've been saying the same thing for years.

As I said, my problem started when the Kawi bashing started.

Quick Reply: Polaris Killer