Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600

Just dont forget about that trip wire crazyoldfart, you are OLD and YOU could forget about it someday and trip it off yourself. Do you have any spare gernades for sale crazyoldfart????

Old 03-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

naw none fur sale, broughtum back from germany in ww I trip wire ohhhhhh sh@@@@@t

Old 03-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer

Good one crazyoldfart! very funny. lolololololol

Old 03-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

i can only imagine how you must feel. i never new that atv theft was a big thing until i was enlightened by a sheriff deputy while on a canoe trip at the lower mountain fork river. they saw my ride at the rental h.q. checked the ser. # & checked my story at the same time. im sure that you have made a report, just hoping that you will feel a little better knowing that atv theft is big & the local authorities take it very seriously. hey, for what its worth, i will keep an eye out. anything i can do to help, just let me know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

It should be taken very seriously. Most of the machines out there are worth more than your aversge used car.

Old 03-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I feel for you. Here in Canada most people get their quads insured separately for fire theft and liability(you must get all three or none at all). Mi quad is insured for one million $ liability. The price for all this for me is $120 U.S. My buddy has a 2003 KVF 360 and pays $180 U.S./ year. Since the bikes are insured most people here just place a lock and chain on there quads. Are these prices about the same as you guys have to pay?........I also have two Bernese Mountain Dogs which also helps strangers look elsewhere. Sorry for your loss.

Old 03-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

Excellent point snowride!!! And Carver I been in your shoe's before also. I've had my atv's checked by sheriff's deputies and DNR officer's before to make sure they weren't stolen. It felt good to know that they were actually checking people's serial numbers and not just makin sure they have a registration sticker showin. I had 2 of my atv's checked by State Patrol in Montana on the interstate and man what a hold up, took him like 45 minutes to find out for sure that they were my quads, even after I gave him insurance cards for both atv's and all proper registration for both! Nevertheless he kindly handed me back all my insurance cards and registration for everything and said SORRY for the delay, just had to make sure they were your atv's!

Old 03-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

We had two '02 Trailbosses and a Triton trailer stolen from our driveway in May '02. I know how you feel. I'm just glad I didn't come home to find the scum on my driveway or I would probably be in jail right now for running them down with my car. I would not have hesitated for a moment.
I had a locking ball in the trailer tongue, a lock in the coupler and the safety chains wrapped around the trailer tongue secured with a lock. The scum broke the lock on the safety chains and took off using just the chains. My trailer was found in Centreville, Illinois, an hour before I came home and called the police. The quads were gone and the trailer abandoned. The quads were locked down to the trailer with Fulton ATV locks, the scum tore up the trailer bed to take the quads. Worst part is that the Centreville police had my name and address from the trailer registration and never bothered to look up my phone number because they "have so many abandoned vehicles in Centreville". A mix up by our local police resulted in the trailer info. not being logged into the computer system correctly and I did not find out about my trailer for a month when Hackett's towing in Centreville called wanting me to pay the towing and storage charges to the tune of $645.00. You can read between the lines to see how I feel about the Centreville police.
To any peace officers reading this, no offense intended. I hold no grudge against police officers in general, only the individuals involved in mishandling the investigation of my theft.

Old 03-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

ahh holy shi**.....those little motherfu#$ckers are gonna pay.............o god the things i would do to those dirty bitche$s.......ahhh bro if i was you i wouldnt be able to survive right now....without my baby i wouldnt be able to live......my advice......pack up your truck, throw your shotgun in the back and set out to find those dirt bags

i feel for you bro, i really do......later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

and if i was rich......trust me....you will have the 700 twin all modded out in your garaje...

Old 03-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

In the old west, stealing another man's 'horse' was a hanging offense. Might not be a bad idea to re-introduce that idea. Of course, you will have to put up with all the blubbering from some namby-pamby about how the poor, downtrodden thieves had to live all their lives without an ATV, and felt that stealing yours was the only way they could ever have one.

All I can say is if you are stealing MY ATV (or anything of real value of mine) you better not let me catch you. I have 400 acres, and a backhoe at my disposal. Unless you leave a note telling that you are going to be here, no one will know you were.

Quick Reply: STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600