Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'Engine Ice': Anybody tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Engine Ice': Anybody tried it?

Picked this up at the dealer; as I haven't had the time to install a fan overide switch and felt that the concept was at least 'plausible' (polypropylene glycol). It is a non-additive, complete replacement for your coolant that is supposed to knock off 'up to' 50 degrees off your temp.

Questions:

Haven't the coolant 'additives' (at least) been out for quite a while now and is there one manufacturer that is selling the crap out of it? And if not, why not? (seems like there would be plenty of suckers like me out there that might appreciate this product, if it worked).

There are A LOT of 'floaties' in this product which I'm assuming will dissapate with heat..............but what happens when these particles settle out in the system cavities and how are they then 'properly' re-mixed quickly within the entire system?

I'm just going to change it out anyways and take my chances.............the only thing concerning me would be the water pump seal and this (what should be soft) 'debris'.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Old 03-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry guys/gals; should've done a 'search' first and have seen enough testimonials to 'just do it'.

Thanks,

John

Old 03-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I just added Purple Ice I dont know how well it works, YET, but I figure it is worth a try.

Old 03-16-2003, 05:07 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I've been running Engine Ice going on 2 years with no problems.And this is on a race mod with the fan removed.Later.

Old 03-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Big Bad and CED. Was told at my dealership that there was no problem mixing ethylene polypropylene glycol in a cooling system.......WRONG! And for some reason, my Polaris shop manual doesn't say a darn thing about draining or flushing the coolant system on my Sportsman (which is not a real problem; except that I see no drain for the pump; which would be 'nice').

I'm going to forge ahead when I have more time to 'properly' flush and drain my system several times to ensure gelling with the old coolant doesn't occur.

Thanks again,

John

Old 03-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Redline Water Wetter, keeps da cool under pressure! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]