Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predators first trip to MX Track!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predators first trip to MX Track!

The weather here in Indiana finally broke and I was able to get out on a motocross track yesterday. I rode my dirtbike for about an hour first then decided it was time to get the predator out. It was kinda funny because as soon as I pulled onto the track with the predator about 75% of the other riders(both quads & bikes) pulled off the track to watch me. I was the only predator on the track, I seen a couple others there but they were just trail riding theirs. Anyway this quad flat out rips!!!! I am over 4 seconds a lap faster than I was with my old built 400EX. It jumps perfect. I was hitting a 60 foot tabletop pinned. Every time it jumped perfect, nice and flat, never wheelied or nose dived. the suspension is awesome. I only bottomed out one time and that was because I over jumped the tabletop and landed on the flat and still it wasn't that hard of a landing. By the way I am running the walker evans shocks. Believe me they are well worth the money. It has a very plush feel yet they soak up the big jumps with ease. I never got passed on my quad one single time by anything all day. I was blowen by friggen 250 dirtbikes with ease. (In their defense the track was a bit wet and slippery in some spots though.) My hats off to Polaris they have made one very sick quad!!!

Old 03-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Right on brother...I am only hitting up to 45 foot jumps. I am wondering what gear you are hitting those size jumps in..I am figuring must be 4th but just want to know for my own benefit. Thanks and keep making believers.

Old 03-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, 4th gear pinned WFO!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]