Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Significant other PROUD new owner of a Predator

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Significant other PROUD new owner of a Predator

Wife is very pleased with her new toy, Couple questions for you Polaris gurus out there. What type of sand paddles do you guys use on the Pred (besides dredfull Geckos)? Does DynoJet maka a jet kit? What full exhaust options are out there? Has anyone totally eliminated there airboxes? What was the stock HP numbers? I was impressed with the power the pred has. thanx

Old 03-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It must be a Raptor thing Alien, they didn't seem to care about the Yoshimura Exhuast I saw at Dumont this weekend. I posted in another topic. We're both Rappy owners, LOL

I'll answer a couple questions, Yoshi is protoyping a pipe as we speak. See my other thread, suppose to put out 8-10 ponies extra. Yes, Dyno jet has a jet kit for the predator.

Dynojet kit

See, that wasn't so hard Polaris people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, thanks for the info. SO, are you guys going to be at Dumont this weekend? Me, my wife and two friends are going this weekend. It will be interesting my wife about 5min worth of riding experience, let alone riding in the dunes. I can't wait. Take care

Old 03-17-2003, 01:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

MBRP has a complete stainless steel system coming out. It looks wicked!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Everybody seems to be raving about the new Airforce kit instead of the dynojet. just my $.02

Old 03-17-2003, 01:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I believe I will be going to Glamis this weekend before it starts getting to hot. I will be without my Raptor (Engine failure) but I do have just a piped and jetted raptor that my wife and kids ride that I'll be poking around on.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

I run Sand Skate II's, they work really well.

Dynojet's kit for the Predator has not gotten rave reviews, most have been switching to Superbike Shops Airforce kit. I have one to install myself.

Superbike shop

Removing the airbox and putting a clamp-on filter in place is a fast way to kill the performance. No one has perfected the carb mods necessary to make that work.

I haven't seen a test by a third party yet of a full replacement exhaust yet, so I'm sticking with the W/B slip-on till then. I just don't trust most aftermarket manufactures to test their own product!