Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey VILNRK

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey VILNRK

Hey vilnrk - just wanted to ask you how you like the predator. My dealer will sell me 1 with w/b slip on installed out the door for 6000. Do you prefer it over the raptor as I see you have owned both. Also wondering where you get the sandired you run. The only tire I see anyone selling from sandtires unlimited is the sandskate but I think yours would be best for drag and up hills. Any advise you can shoot me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 03-26-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey VILNRK

man i love this predator! it has the best suspension for an aggressive rider as myself. the raptor suspension is on the soft side....the predator is on the stiff side....but you can easily soften it by loosening the front shock nuts, only takes a second! now the raptor feels a lot stronger that the predator but that is torque that you feel not high rpm hp like the predator has. that torque will wear you smooth out by trying to hang on to that beast! you would know what i mean if you were following a banshee on the trails in the dunes and at each corner the shee is roosting sand out of a corner and you are on you raptor and try to roost out of a corner and find yourself one-wheel wheeleing due to the tremendeous torque that is to abundant on the raptor....the predator is simular to the shee, it will roost sand and revv up slide....all the good fun stuff.

as for the sand tires i have the STU padla brats they are 21-12-10 i also have a set of 22-11-8 10 paddle ultra buff haulers. now that tire is a little much for tha predator...an 8 paddle ultra buff would be perfect.
you can get hubs from durablue to run 8 inch wheels...i did since i have plenty of paddles for honda pattern.

i really enjoy the padla brats, they are comp cut 9 paddle and have been great tires. i have ran them on all my machines had them for 5 years now.

BTW i had to take my predator in for repairs. this weekend i lost 4th gear in the dunes. the dealer said they should have it tore down by thursday evening. i hope that this isn't the start of a trend.......just thought you may like to know bout that since your thinking of getting one. i must say i havn't been easy on it, run it hard until the warrenty is out then take care of it, get all them break downs out of the way so it don't cpome out of your pocket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

turbo bobby

Old 03-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Range Rover
Default Hey VILNRK

Cool, thanks alot man. Thats exactly what I plan on - ride it like I stole it for 6 months (warranty) and hopefully get the bugs out. I'll be riding alot in Waldon (sand dunes in Wyoming). How much are those padla brats and u think they hook up beter in a drag than the haulers? Also do you know where I can get the padla brats online?

Thanks alot,
Jeff

Old 03-26-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey VILNRK

haulers are the best for hook out of the hole..off the line i know just the place to get your ultra buffs
http://www.jimssandtoys.com/

i am sorry i cant help you on the padla brats i have mine for a long time.

turbo bobby

Old 03-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey VILNRK

Jim's sand toys also has the Paddla brats and will cut them the way you want....