Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD has Billet Predator hubs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD has Billet Predator hubs

Let's try this again. HPD has some nifty 4/110 hubs, I guess they'll be in on Wed. Guess they're gonna be a great price, but I won't post it cause that must be the editing reason from before.

Old 04-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Pro Rider

G'day Model Ken.

Will they be light?
Will they suit mx racing?
I need new tyres as well.
What do you say?

Thanks mate, Geoff.

Old 04-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If they're like all the rest of HPD's gear, it'll last, no matter what you put it through. I remember Darrell saying something about them being anodized black also.

Old 04-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I don't see the advantage of aftermarket rear hubs.

The stock predator units are already aluminum.

So what if you need 4/156mm bolt pattern. I found a set of 1988/89 Banshee rims with Sand Skate II tires already mounted up for only $100. You see old stock rims for sale all the time.......keep your eyes open.

Unless you really really really want the 4/110 pattern to fit up to an existing set of rims and tires you may already have........it may be cheaper to find a used set of stock aluminum "shee rims before spending $150-200 or more on aftermarket hubs that won't make you one bit faster.

Old 04-08-2003, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

But they will look nice!!!

Old 04-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Just a wild guess, but are the stock hubs casted? If so, the machined billet would be a lot stronger....

Old 04-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The main reason for change is for the people who have a lot of those bolt patterned rims laying around. Got to play with a pair today.....Can you say heavy duty? I'm leaving my stocker bright red TLD units in place. Agree with Heap, they're plenty stout.

Old 04-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

If you've crashed hard enough to break a stock Predator rear brake hub, I'll gladly visit you in the hospital to shake your hand and give you $100.

I would hate to see what else would be left of the quad to break a hub. I mean even if you clip a tree at 60 mph, its going to bend or break the axle instead of toasting the hub, and even the tumble tumble tumble end over end (nah, never had a quad chase after me....heh heh) I still doubt if you could break a hub.

Who honestly, has EVER seen a hub go bad, even in a Huevos or other extreme film or even pro racing? I'd be real curious as to the failure.

I'd rather Spend money on performance items that make a difference.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Heapster
If you've crashed hard enough to break a stock Predator rear brake hub, I'll gladly visit you in the hospital to shake your hand and give you $100.

I would hate to see what else would be left of the quad to break a hub. I mean even if you clip a tree at 60 mph, its going to bend or break the axle instead of toasting the hub, and even the tumble tumble tumble end over end (nah, never had a quad chase after me....heh heh) I still doubt if you could break a hub.

Who honestly, has EVER seen a hub go bad, even in a Huevos or other extreme film or even pro racing? I'd be real curious as to the failure.

I'd rather Spend money on performance items that make a difference.
I just broke my throtle side hub going less than 15 MPH..axle LOOKS straight...Gotta see the dealer monday to see if they are warranteed. Just hit your run of the mill 100 ft pine tree with the back tire.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

modquad i pm'ed you

Quick Reply: HPD has Billet Predator hubs