Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator loses 3rd gear.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator loses 3rd gear.

It is how you ride the quad. lol That is 100 percent true. Some 01 rappy have no tranny problems and lots did. I think that predators may be the same way except polaris will fix them. All quads will have tranny problems if they are abused.

Barlett is right. 3 out of 100 is not good

Old 04-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

14mins, looks like we will be bringing a couple of Predator's your way in June. Gary said he was coming too. Where can we get more info on this race ??

Old 04-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, you right that not everyone that owns a machine visits the forums on the net. But, I know of 12 other riders, and if they had problems I would probably say something or ask for help for them. So you'll hear a lot about other people's machines too.

Can't say I've heard of an awfull lot of problems with the pred except for those 3 preds

Old 04-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Actually Bart said that, but I'll pass the complement on to him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just something to watch.

Old 04-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

OH NO, my 404cc Banshee tranny has been buggered up, shift forks bent, popping out of gear, and the lower case torn down 3 times in 2 years.
Do you think Cramaha will be announcing a recall soon?

Of course I've also gone through a set of pistons a year in the 'shee too, that sounds like premature wear and who should I whine too?

My 400 stroker Warrior threw a rod in the dunes (broke right under the wrist pin) and shattered the lower case in several places totaling the whole motor. Should I sue the engine builder?

All people play hard with their toys, some harder than others.

<grins> I just can't figure out why all my riding buddies call me "Destructive Dave?"

Have I broke anything on the Predator yet, heck no, and ANYWAYS IT WOULD AND SHOULD BE COVERED BY WARRANTY unless it was my own bone-head move.

Ride hard, play hard, but take responsibility for your actions.

Old 04-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't mind taking responsibility for my actions, but I am not interested in taking responsibility for a design problem....my 01 Raptor is a good example of this occurance.

Old 04-11-2003, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

the rider in question is 53 years old,the quad has been drag raced some,basicly to see how it ran against the other stuff,but mostly trail/woods riden.the guy that owns it had 3 raptors previously and LOVES his predator.the dealer got it tore down and 3rd gear failed,since the first post he found out there are two more with 3rd gear problems in another town in mt.i think polaris will take care of it alot better the yamaha did with raptors.
i remember all the guys that said raptor trannys failed because of the rider,shifting,ect. every bullsh!t excuse they could come up with,yamaha picked up on it and when the same guys that defended them had their tranny puke yamaha didnt want to fix it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 01:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Some companies realize the value of the internet, and some don't. Look how Polaris got us all going with the teaser for the machine intro. That must've been a hoot for them to watch our responses. They know what's going on.

Old 04-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: derbyking
i remember all the guys that said raptor trannys failed because of the rider,shifting,ect. every bullsh!t excuse they could come up with,yamaha picked up on it and when the same guys that defended them had their tranny puke yamaha didnt want to fix it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I agree 110%.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

So anyway, back to the original post...did anyone find out what is causing the occasional loss of these gears? Bent forks? Loose bolts? What's the deal?

Quick Reply: predator loses 3rd gear.