Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

team secondary? how does it going...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default team secondary? how does it going...

i would like to get some inputs by some first unit testers as far as what helix is available at HPD and what spring,any problems with belt pressure?
let me known,thanks.

Old 04-14-2003, 01:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'll hopefully have mine in a few weeks, but the secret weapon primary won't be here yet....hence I won't be able to test. I'll post when I get info though.

Old 04-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

When i rode a powervalve equipped sport with the team secondary it worked real real good, better than my HPD roller.
It had a high engagment and you have to modify your starting line techniques because of the way the Team Roller
works but it definiately worked.

Old 04-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Ron, one half of "the team", how'd the racin' go? Da HPD shop sure was buzzin' today. That clutch is quite the piece of mechanical work of art. Can't wait to try that along with the secret weapon primary. Like the sands through the paddle tires, (days of our lives) HPD HP rips up da dunes! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

the race was great for the first race of the year, wont give you all the results but it was team KNR Racing 1-2 and i wasnt first.

Old 04-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey modquad
What secret weapon primary are you talking about the Comet clutch? If so I would like too hear your thoughts on that when you get it . Also the team secondary sounds like the best secondary clutch out there right now .......But how will it be against the Heel-x when it comes out ? that heel-x looks like it has like 4 diffrent angels on the helix . just curious on your thoughts on it

Old 04-15-2003, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yea Alpine, the primary is the Comet unit. Don't know about the Heel-X. With all the techno advancements of the Team unit, I can't imagine it would be any better, I could be wrong though. You match all this up with the HPD kevlar belt, and woe doggy! Gonna be a fun summer.

I thought it was LMC Racing (Larry, Moe, and Curley) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

yes it is a weapon,the new comet primary clutch for 400 scrambler,this along with the new team roller will be the biggest BANG ever on performances for the 2 stroke 400,more accurate and efficient clutching
system,i'm in the process to get a thundershift kit for my 400,it work better than heel clicker and have no notching or work to do on the clutch,just drop it in and TUNE,a properly thundershift for the 400 will end up to 60-63 g of weights in one shot,better speed...

Old 04-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

by the way here it is the new beginning...

http://www.spinreel.com/103-hpq-txt.html

result,25% more performance at through the whole ranges,more rear wheels hp!

Old 08-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

So does anyone else have one of these Team Secondary clutches? My dealer is ordering one for me to R&D for him and was wondering how well they perform cause I might just have to buy if it performs well. Thanks.

Quick Reply: team secondary? how does it going...