Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

air force kit a joke

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air force kit a joke

Stock Predator, white bros pipe, 155 main jet. (which actually makes more power than pure stock) with K & N filter (OILED) versus same Predator, same filter, same white Bros pipe, with Airforce kit. The test showed gains over a piped and jetted predator versus the airforce kit.

Old 04-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Trailblazer

I personally do not see the relevence of whether it was oiled or whether it was a K&N or not etc.
As long as the same Oiled or non oiled , K&N or stock filter was used for both tests.

The tests were done to measure the performance gain of the AF kit. nothing else.

I'm sure shadows could be cast on every performance item made.
Do you think that Dyna jet, K&N, FMF,ProCircuit etc. do not make the dyno conditions favorable to their product? Once again, I do my "Dyno" test in the sand against real live bikes, that to me is the true measure of an upgrade.

As for sand getting by the upper filter I have ridden (last weekend and before) 4 days straight in the dustiest condition I know of (Glamis) where fine sand will penetrate anywhere and had no sand/dust get by that filter. I did oil it heavily with PJ foam oil.

As for Gary's statement that the K&N could be used with no oil, That was based on MX track riding were periodic watering of the track keeps the dust down, along with the fact that you are only running 3 moto's generally and then cleaning the filter. A couple of horse power gain in the right climate....why not?

Old 04-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

SP700 or TRES, again, I may be wrong, but with the pipe and K&N, the Air Force kit will give my Predator 6 MORE hp? Is that correct?

Old 04-23-2003, 12:55 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Tres
I did oil it heavily with PJ foam oil.

As for Gary's statement that the K&N could be used with no oil, That was based on MX track riding were periodic watering of the track keeps the dust down, along with the fact that you are only running 3 moto's generally and then cleaning the filter. A couple of horse power gain in the right climate....why not?
This makes more sence because in the real world of Southern Indiana after a couple of days without rain it starts to get dusty this time of year. There is no way you could run an unoiled air filter.

Also I tend to believe Tres with a couple of horsepower gain.

Old 04-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Pro X, It will give you at least 8hp and 8lbs of torque at low to mid range, about 2 peak hp.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

SP700, I don't want to sound like a dumb azz, but is there a chart with this, so I can see what you mean by 8 at low, 2 at peak? Thanks.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Tres, I'm not making accusations, I'm asking for facts. And so far you haven't provided them. sp, you're afraid of getting your hands dirty....that means even less respect. Crowing like a rooster about things he's too afraid to touch. I know that kind very well.

Now, Tres, if you misunderstood the question, I'm just looking for the facts. That's it, not what someone supposedly knows. I'd like to find someone who knows for sure.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Pro X, the dyno charts are posted on the esuperbikeshop . com website. both HP and Torque charts. Just click on predator parts, them go to the airforce kit, the click on dyno charts.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, you have the facts, you just can't except them. I probly will not sleep a wink tonight knowing I don't have your respect [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] whens the last time you seen John Force building his own engine's, thats what he pay's Austin Coil to do. It's called working together as a team. Don't worry, I can fix anything that goes wrong.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Found the pics and charts. My next question, for the person that pulled the nut into the motor. To me, it doesn't look like that nut should have been above the air filter. How would it get to the carb? Was it not installed correctly? Looking at the pics on the site, the foam filter that is under the aircleaner would be just on top of the ridges in the box. The filter itself would be above that, with the bolts and nuts below the filter. Or isn't this the case? Did that person install it to high up? Thanks again!

Quick Reply: air force kit a joke