Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trailblazer cutting out and dying

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailblazer cutting out and dying

I am having prblems with my trailblazer cutting out and dying after about 5 to 10 minutes of riding.after I let it set for no longer than 10 minutes it starts back up.I checked to see if the fuel line was pinched and it is not. Please help. thanks.

Old 04-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Could be several things but I would first try to make sure that the tank vent is not plugged and causing a vacum in the tank. This can be easily verified by riding with the gas cap not compleatly screwed down tight. If your problem is solved, clean/replace the vent. Check out part #4 on the link. http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...-250-FUEL-TANK

Old 04-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We need some more information. Is everything stock? When did this start? How long have you had it and what year is it? This could be an over heating problem.

Old 05-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

I had a 2003 Magnum 330 4X4 and it did the same thing basically, it would run fine as long as you were traveling along at a slow speed, but as soon as you opened it up for a hundred yards or so it would act like it was smothering out and die, like it was running out of gas, and actually it was. I took it back to the dealer and he said that the vent hose was pinched from the factory and he rerouted it under the plastic and the last time I rode it it did fine. You could unscrew the gas cap when it died and it would make a sucking noise, then it would start back up. I don't know why Polaris just doesn't just put the vent hose on the cap like everyone else. This really cost me a lot of grief from the Honda goobers that I ride with, especially since I'm the only Polaris in the group and it was a brand new 4 wheeler. Check your vent hose for kinks or it may be stopped up with mud, but the the tank has to breath to be able to push the gas out into the carb.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

If these engine ignition system use the same setup as the others, I would check the ignition module for
grounding out your spark. I had 2 quads (both scramblers) that did the same thing. The rev limiting feature would malfunction in the module and ground out the ignition only when hot. I disconnected the ground to the module and it has been ok ever since. You will have to refer to your schematic in the back of your manual. Just remember that you will no longer have a limiting feature in reverse so be careful when backing up. You're gonna fly!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 250 trailblazer that I had continual problems with it blowing out head gaskets. This happened to me three times in 6 months. I would check your compression when it starts to cut out and compare that to the compression when it is cold and see if you have any difference. You should have more when it is hot than cold. If you do not have at least the same I would check the head bolts torque first if that doesn't reveal or help consider changing the head gasket. It is pretty easy on the TB. I'm not sure on the TB but I do know as a fact that the 400 two stroke Polaris will not start if the compression is anything under 100 psi. good luck