Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hard Starting Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Starting Trailblazer

Stick a fork in it Its Done
pulled the cylinder off and found it had a small area where there had been a seize but also the piston can be rocked in the bore again. This is the 3rd time this has happened. The clearance was at .003 when bored and now it is probably at .015 or so . I dont know why it wont hold the bore we are thinking that when the 1st failure happened the heat must have weakened the sleeve and we have been chasing our tails since.We found that the 1st and possibly the 2nd failure were due to a torn crank seal which was found after the 2nd failure.Its going to have a new sleeve put in it tonight .At least we will be back to the stock size. Later

Old 05-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

i'm just getting back into my 97 250 tb and am still at a point where i don't know exactly
how to get it running just right... i flooded it once i think and restarted so many times
that it filled with 1/2 cup of gas without me knowing it ... until i pulled the drain plug on the
bottom... and still i had gas shooting out the top of cylinder... in any event ... i'm looking at
the carb and it's clean in and out... i've had it allll apart... except the choke... i'm still
trying to see how to check to see if its open...
so i'd like to direct this to 2manytoys..... that choke connection from the cable to the carb
is strange enough.... but you cant really see anything inside and how can you open and close
it if it's not connected... and check what condition it's in?
i've blow air under water thru all the ports and see how they all connect... but the choke still has me
a little puzzled....
any suggestions?

Old 05-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Don't get mad, I am not 2many, but I can tell you how to check that choke. With the cable attached normally to the carb, look inside the front bell of the carb, you will see some cross holes. One of these holes lines up with the choke plunger, you must shine a flashlight in the hole to really see it good, to help, try flipping the choke on and off and you will see it move inside the hole. (be careful, if there is gas in there and you flip it open and closed, it can go straight in your eye and it burns, especially 114 racing gas LOL) Now when the choke is fully on, you should b=not see any of the plunger inside of the hole, half choke you should see exactly half of it, choke off, you should see the entire plunger sealing the hole shut. Now to make adjustments, you just loosen the jam nut on the choke cable at the carb and turn the screw in or out to get the correct adjustment. Did you happen to check your float level and needle inlet valve and seat while you had the carb apart?