Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Vs Cannondale @ Oregon Dunes Comp Hill

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Vs Cannondale @ Oregon Dunes Comp Hill

I had fun last weekend racing against this one Cannondale at the Florence Oregon Dunes.

I was across the valley, and saw a bunch of 4 strokes racing up comp hill.....

I scooted over there to see 3 400ex's and a couple of Cannondales drag racing.

This red and black one was murdering the others. He had a really loud race pipe on it, and was running fresh haulers as he'd throw major roost. This guy was taking all others by at least 5-8 quad lengths repeatedly........so guess who I was out for? <grins>

Soooooooo, I pull down and line up with the whole group........I get a great start and me and the red/black C-dale pulled away from the pack and were neck and neck all the way up with me just taking him by 1/2 quad length........

All the other guys stopped racing, and just starred at me looking stunned.

I pull down to the line again, and only the red/black one joins me.......all the others stayed up top of comp hill to watch. <grins>

2nd race, I wheelie it off the line blowing the start, yet still pull the hill neck and neck with him, too close to call.......

3rd race. Neck and Neck again, and mid-hill the C-dales starts popping badly like a CDI box stutter or something. I took that race, but by default as he had problems.......

Soooooooo, I had my fun, and my buddies were taking off so I left with them, mean-while all the other 400ex and C-dale riders just sat there stunned...........

GREAT showing for Polaris! It ran real real strong all weekend long without a single hick-up or falter.

My Dune Mods?

Sand Skate II's, 13/38 gears, 170 main jet, W/B exhaust, Carb mount K&N.

Simply AWESOME for a stock quad other than a slip on exhaust and a K&N!!!

Old 05-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear about it, sure wish you had pictures. The predator sure is a great mach.
Thanks

Old 05-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Good job Heapster, Its good to hear an honest post. Not like those ones that say 'smoked a whatever' and so on. I only have limited time on my Pred so I dont know its limits yet.

Old 05-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

WAAHHHOOOOO DAVE!!!!!

I knew you were going to love the set-up you have there. You should try it with a Dynojet needle..even stronger mid-range pull!!!

Glad you had fun on your trip. I haven't even gotten to ride for the last two weedends, and won't this weekend, either....Flex schedule at work....12 on-12 off for the next 5 days!! But then I have 5 days straight off...I'm going to Glamis during the week!!! Not busy, lots of fun in the sun/sand!!!

Take Care,

JJ

Old 05-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

the polaris predator just flat out rocks.when i first saw one in dirt wheels i had to have one so i called my dealer and he said that they should have two of them in december so i put a deposit on the first one they rolled in well dec21 i got layed off at my job and i told them this so they refunded my$ which is real cool of them they didnt have to do that well i got wind of the new predator was in so i had to go check them out.so i started thinking of ways to pull it off and get me one so i sold the ole warrior (which i really do miss dang good quad) and on jan 2 i brought home a brand new predator and started modifying emediately with a pure polaris pipe,a k&n filter, high flow intake from fst and 162.5 main jets and i am in the process of buying the 530 big bore kit from fst and waiting on rath to build a cam sorry to keep ramblin on but i'm in love with the sport again

Old 05-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

oh by the way i loved mine so much i went bought the kids a predator 90 in which i cant keep them off of

Old 05-03-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Pred530............the Warrior is a great quad, and moving up to the Pred is a natural progression.........the seating posture is very very close to the Warrior........While the 400cc stroker Wicked Warrior of mine was great, even with my dual rate works shocks, the total suspension and power of the pred will soon make you say "what warrior?" <grins>

Welcome to 4 stroke nirvana.

don't be too quick to tear down a whole new engine just to build it up to a 530...........tune what you got, you're on your way sounds like, (jetting and such) and you'll be surprised what power you've already got on tap!