Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Wheelie

Hi,

I was just wondering how easy is it to loft the front end on the predator? I know this is a pretty random and stupid question, but I am curious by this quad.

Thanks

Old 05-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Wheelie

It doesn't wheelie as easy as say a raptor, Z, or 400ex, but if you are skilled wheelier, you can ride it a ways, and with the hp that is lying in wait, it isn't a problem pulling a wheelie or lifting the front at speed over obstacles. But what is nice is that it is just so much more pradictable when compared to the raptor which likes to attempt wheelies out of every corner when you get on the gas. The pred is an amazing hill climbing machine, stays right to the ground. Go con a dealer into letting you test ride, try it out...you just might like it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Predator Wheelie

I agree with puddljumper 100%. As this is my first quad, I have no experience RIDING wheelies. How hard is it too keep the Pred balanced and ride out a wheelie for say a block or two? I have not really attempted this yet, but I have popped the front end up many times and rode one for maybe 15 feet or so. I always chicken out and let the front end down for fear of flipping over. Any suggestions?

Old 05-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Wheelie

use the back brake to help balance. by using the brake and the gas you should be able to ride it out. there is a sweet spot you want to find. a little practice and it all comes together. remember the back brake

Old 05-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Wheelie

You almost want to hit the grab bar once just to get the feel for how far you have to go, after that it gets much easier! Like jcal said, gas and brake are key in wheelie, learn to keep it at the balance point and you can go forever. Just practice alot and you'll be fine!

Old 05-03-2003, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Predator Wheelie

Thanks guys for the info. I will gear up and tighten the strap on the helmet and practice away. Just wanted to say to anybody reading this thread, don't forget to wear protective gear (especially when attempting stupid stunts like trying to ride wheelies). Yes, I am still going to learn to ride them, but we must all be carefull and keep our heads about us. Also, if you are MX'ing or jumping your Pred or any other ATV, may I suggest the NERF BARS. I landed a little akward after getting 10' of air, and the jolt made me slip off the footpeg and I broke my femur (leg bone between your knee and pelvis). The bone came out the side of my leg and its been two months, and I am still healing the area that the bone came out of. Have to change bandages twice a day as it drains fluid trying to build new skin. I had over fifty stiches in that area of my leg. Anyway my point is, anything in life can be dangerous, but you still have to enjoy it too. So just always try to keep safety in the back of your mind.

Old 05-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Wheelie

thanks for the info still trying to find the sweetspot on my predator i had no problem on my old warrior but the predator is a little different. oh yeah i have been married for 9 years now and never knew what my wifes likes and dislikes were except me staying out all night riding so i mentioned to her that i would buy her a quad but she didnt want one but i bouyght her one anyway a trailblazer 250 and now she loves it she asks do you want to go riding today all of the time and i bought the kids two new atvs also a raptor 80 and a predator 90 the reason i keep ramblin on would yall welcome my wife (kim) and the kids into the great sport of atving

Trending Topics

Old 05-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Wheelie

Of corse they are welcome. Thats what makes atving what it is today. Just remember saftey first.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:40 PM
GTV
Range Rover
Default Predator Wheelie

Word of caution, the exhaust on the Pred. sticks out farther than the grab bar. When you over cook a wheelie, the tail pipe gets the blunt of the damage. A bent up tailpipe ain't as perdy as the usual shiny bare spot on the grab bar!!!

Old 05-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Predator Wheelie

very true

Quick Reply: Predator Wheelie