Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Falling Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falling Sucks!!!

I know this is my 4-wheeled contribution for the day but let me reiterate...FALLING SUCKS!!!!....How does one fall on something with 4-wheels??? Well let me tell you...Booting along a nice dirt road..Everything working to perfection..Suspension soaking up the bumps like no tomorrow....Until it comes...A beautiful big mud puddle..Oh Yeah....Give a little gas to lighten the front end...And stand up to maintain control....OOPS..Puddle deeper than expected...ATV STOPS!!!...Physics comes into play....I don't....Whee..I land on my head(helmet works)..then back and legs then back and legs...(continue for a while)....Finally I stop..take inventory..nothing broken but man do I hurt..The worst part...Having to get back to the starting point...PAIN....All in all back and bum hurt alot but I'll be back. I think I enjoyed falling off my CBR more!!! Less pain....

Ride safe all!!!

Old 05-04-2003, 12:11 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Falling Sucks!!!

Did you have leather on when you fell off your CBR?

Chet

Old 05-04-2003, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Falling Sucks!!!

Yes I did..Slid for a while..Not a scratch...

Old 05-04-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Falling Sucks!!!

Ouch!! that reminds me back in my dirt bike days. My buddy and I were riding in a local sand pit .Driving like idiots back when it didnt hurt so much when we crashed . Well there was a new sand pile about 60 ft high and very steep we passed this pile many times but I decided to try it out. So I got a good run on the aproach and pulled the front end up before I entered the pile. only because it was very loose sand. I made it up and crested the top then came back down to watch my buddy try it. By the way he was a better rider than me. He got a good run on it but when he got to it his front wheel went strait into the side of the pile pretty deep and he fliped upside down on his back . He was fine but the bike was buried pretty good. I wish I had a video camera at the tim because it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I am laughing while I type this. It is only funny when I look back only because he was not hurt.

Well I am glad you were not hurt too bad.

Old 05-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Falling Sucks!!!

I used to have a cbr 900rr and loved that bike. I sure miss it.

Old 05-04-2003, 01:43 AM
Range Rover
Default Falling Sucks!!!

Years ago, a freind of mine stuck his bike into the side of a pile of "dirt" ......... he was out riding and saw a big pile that looked like it would be fun to ride up........ got a head of steam for the climb and then it happened. The front end went right throught the outer crust of this pile of "dirt" he went over the top and also through the outer crust of the above stated "dirt" pile. Then he smelt this horible stench. Turned out this huge pile of "dirt" was actully chicken droppings from a local egg farm. The sun had made it hard and crunchy on the outside, hot and (stinky) steamy on the inside. Pluss he had to call his dad to help him pull the front tire out of this smelly jellow like mass that his cycle was stuck in. After the aromatic bike ride home, his spicey close came off and went into a burn barrel. He got to take a bath under a garden hose to remove the big peanut butter like chunks of fragrent chicken poop from his person. Followed be a shower inside. I guess his hair smelled like the busness end of a Road Iland Red for awhile. BTW did I mention at all that a pile of crusted over chicken droppings does have a slightly noticable smell to it in August?