Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I was in doubt Until MY Sportman H.O.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was in doubt Until MY Sportman H.O.

I was reading the Rubicon Or Sportsman 600 Article and Thats the most unanswerable question. The Second fourwheeler I bought was A 92 Trailboss 4x4 and at the time my buddies were all on Timberwolves Big Bears and Trx 300. When it came down to mudding The True 4 wheel drive was unstopable but That was the only thing good on mine It broke All the Time. It seemed once a month It was at the dealers getting fixed. And I maintained it perfect if not to much cause I was sick of not know if I was going to make it home. First It was a front hub nut kept turning off This happend probally 6 times And it was the dealer putting them on. (May I add The dealer is one of the best in Northern minnesota). It got to the point the dealer would give serious discounts on our bills. I would also pop boots left and right no matter what kinda guards I had on there I tried three different kinds. I had only two boots and all my buddies had 4 and they werent poping like I was. They finally figured out the nut problem and that stop. By this time I knew everything about this and most other fourwheelers They are my life. So Next thing to go was the motor. So I got the quote from the dealer and let them do it. I didnt have the time. I got it back they went .10 over and said it was just overheating and scored the piston. 3 months later It Blew again. And They didnt bore it out just re did it all. Said the same thing. So We bought a fan cooler but the motor still blew. By this point My driving habits were that off an old old man. PUTT PUTT PUTT. I fixed it myself this time. But beyond that Replaced All the chains bearings bushings, Struts and shock. This was when I said Thats IT no more Polaris. We Kept it And I bought A Yamaha Warrior Let me tell you bullet proof but not versitle enough for me. This was 97 When I bought that I still Have that too. And I fix on it and I do break stuff but these things I take Claim Too. I rode It hard But Always got home. So in 2002 I wanted to buy a new fourwheeler And my Opinions Are this Honda Unbreakable, But Ride Like Crap. Yamaha middle of the rode and Polaris I was very untrusting but The sportsman came highly recomended So I rode alot of different ones freinds dealers and what not. But The Yellow sportsman I saw rode the best. But I thought to myself Polaris Oh Man do I want to go down that rode again. So I was almost out the door with the New Kodiak But Felt funny and told the dealer I would come back the next day. Came Home Went On the Net Found this site and read postings all night long. Next Day Went to Polaris And Asked a billion questions And Finally Bought the Yellow one with everything I wanted On it Chrome Rims I got them To throw the rawhides on and Of course I got the extended Warranty for 5 Years. I was scared out of my mind But Picked Up three days later. And I Love it. It feels So much 500 times stronger than my 92 as far as the way its built. I ride it pretty hard never breaks. And 9 months later am very Glad I bought this one. No more sick feeling, Just joy. It looks rides and runs just perfect. I ride it every day. I still Have My other ones And putz on them once and a while But My H.O. Is my pride and joy. So I wrote this to tell people Polaris has come a long way and are not who they were back then My Hat goes off to them, this site, You People, And my Yellow H.O.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer

That post is way longer than I intended.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am thinking about a polaris for myself and this is what i like to hear!

Old 05-04-2003, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You are right. Polaris has come along way. I would say that they just keep getting better. They are one of the toughest 4x4 out there. They are at the top of thier game and at the top of the hill. They have the most sales for quads second to honda. And they dont even advertise like the other companies do. Word of mouth goes along way. Way to go polaris.