Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

engine ice

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:56 PM
POO
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine ice

thanks Big Bad I will get some ...Last year i went thought 2 head gasket ..this year I put a temp guage and a fan override so i can turn the fan on manually...

Old 05-07-2003, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default engine ice

Well I know for a fact that the Engine Ice works good. I wouldn't run it in the winter though. A friend of mine tried but he couldn't get his quad to warm up sufficiently to run it with the Ice in during the winter...

Old 05-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default engine ice

Engine Ice would cool a lot better. However, my scram doesnt really run the hot so I decided to keep the antifreeze and just add purple ice. The way that purple ice and water wetter work is that they are formulated to reduce the surface tension of the coolant, which improves heat transfer through the cooling system. Plus, the purple ice prevents the formation of scale deposits in the radiator for optimum coolant flow and lubricates the seals of the water pump. My fan has not come on since I put it in. If you are racing or running scrambles your best bet would be engine ice. I dont so purple ice works for me. It is about $5 and one bottle will last for about 8 full coolant changes. Plus, it is made by Royal Purple. I have seen independant dyno tests with royal purple products and they do add horsepower. They can back what they claim and that is what makes the difference for me.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:07 PM
POO
Weekend Warrior
Default engine ice

So I have to take all my anti--freeze out then put this stuff in. then put the anti frezze back in in the winter!!

Old 05-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default engine ice

To run Engine ice, yeah you do. That is why I use the purple ice. You just add about 2.5 onces to your coolant. You can also install super coolers to reduce the temp. I am thinking about that as well. They are suppose to reduce temp by 5-10 degrees each. You can run up to 2 . One on each hose. Plus they are billit aluminum and look sweet.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default engine ice

My pred definately runs warmer than my scrammys ever did...and I race hare scrambles. I know modquad runs water wetter and says good things about it. But maybe the engine ice is for me. Changing fluid isn't a big deal for me.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default engine ice

Now that's the spirit![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2003, 03:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default engine ice

Water Wetter works great, don't even run a fan on the HPD race-mod. May have to do some comparison tests on the group of them. Pudl, I know my fan was hardly on during the harescramble, that alone is a definite improvement.

Old 05-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Range Rover
Default engine ice

I am a big fan of engine ice - it works great for me on hot days here in Colorado. coolant is relatively cheap so I dont mind changing it out in the winter and again in the summer. Its prob good to change it out anyways - the manual indicates to change the coolant out every 2 years so it is a bit overkill but well worth it to me as my fan hardly ever even runs now - it used to run contantly!

Jeff

03 PRED
W/B slip on
39 tooth rear sprocket
PRM radiator scoops
shock covers

Old 05-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default engine ice

YEAH!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: engine ice