Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Take a look at what this UNPRINCIPLED OPPORTUNIST is selling at Ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2000, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry ATVing, this is just wrong. You are attempting to make a profit on something that Polaris is providing to its riders for free. If this crap continues, Polaris will no longer offer this information to the rest of us for free and who will we have to blame, YOU. I have agreed with you on several of your previous post, but not on this one. You as a cop should know that two wrongs do not make a right. You need to pull that auction item and let everyone know where that item can be obtained for free.

Old 05-02-2000, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

I agree too. You are profiting on Copyrighted material. That's called bootlegging and it is illegal.

Old 05-02-2000, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry atving, I agree with magnummudman, It was really nice of polaris to give us those parts manuals. You also must have heard of copywrites!?!
These are polaris's manuals, not yours. You asked us if we think you should discontinue. I say yes. Or else maybe you should be charged to be a member
of this and other forums.

rangerchet

Old 05-02-2000, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Well atving, this basically confirms everything for me . . . this is pretty low. And you wonder why a bunch of people on this forum give you a hard time, do you think were all wrong? Perhaps the problem is you??? You don't have a brain in your head, plus, you like to fly off the handle at people for the smallest incident. Nice credientials for a cop.

Old 05-02-2000, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well fellows I have contacted any bidders on this and told them if they want to search it can be downloaded on the internet...this is not copyrighted material and would be no different than you scanning a manual, I didn't think of the percussion of it not being offered free anymore so as I said I have contacted the bidders and told them they can retract their bid. Some of you do need to learn the law anything that is sold is copyrighted anything that is offered free is not copyrighted material it is free to do what you want with just as a brochure it is freely obtained and if you make copys of it so what...some of you guys fail to mention though about programs and stuff like that you can't tell me that you pay for every program on your computer and this is no different if anything worse because this is material that is CHARGED FOR never the less if you all think it is wrong I will contact the bidders and make them aware that this material is free on the internet if they want to take the time to obtain it. Also Sledder do you want the fax # so they can get a good laugh out of me taking an item that is offered for free and selling it, you need to use that thing between your ears called a brain it is not against the law to charge someone for free material that is copied on disk, it is done everyday with shareware programs on disk you are being charged for the disk and the preparation I am glad everyone in here has never copied anything they didn't own...just as programming a satellite as long as you are doing it for experimental purposes this is perfectly legal...I guess none of you have ever heard of that either...learn the law before you go running your mouth about something you know nothing about.

Old 05-02-2000, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

atving

You are a better man for seeing the error in your ways and retracting the manual from being sold. I agree with you that the manual is not copyrighted (I checked on my copy), but this does not make it ethical. If you are looking to profit on something, sell something to the tree hugging liberals who are trying to take away our riding privelages, not fellow atv riders.

Old 05-02-2000, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

I appreciate that MMM as I can see you know something about the law this is not copyrighted material or wouldn't be made free on the internet, but as I said if some people thinks it is unethical it is took care I value a lot of peoples words and views in here if they think it is wrong and think it would cause people from further obtaining something free in the future I would never jeopardize that. There are some people in here though who are very narrow minded acting if this was some kind of cardinal sin...one remark was even made that they didn't give me info on the Rubicon because I was only putting down...for gods sake get a life, because me and few others tell and speak the truth about what we think about a particular machine must really get to them, I bought a Polaris for all the extra bells and whistles if the Honda Rubicon doesn't have them and they are charging over $7000 for it don't blame me, and about the pig remarks that really hurts to thats the reason I have one tattooed on my arm some of you really need to grow up and what is sad half of the people who gave me heck on this are sitting there right now using there illegal copy of windows 98 listening to songs they recorded off the radio on a tape or cd as they watch there free tv...gosh I love a good arguement hehehe and 250rman if you are going to try to insult somebody at least learn to spell son so you want look so stupid it is spelled oink oink.

Old 05-02-2000, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with MMM, atving you did the right thing pulling that stuff off of ebay. I also understand copywrites and such and I think you have showed some integrity by removing this stuff. As for your comments on the rubicon, you just can't seem to get that chip off your shoulder. Why are we so intimidated???? If you think it's an overpriced hype then so be it, quit trying to taint the water before the thing has even been released. Believe me you'll be much better received around here if you change your ways.

Old 05-02-2000, 03:29 PM
Range Rover

There is no way of comparing what you did,(going on ebay and trying to make a profit), with that of making copys of a video or program and using them for personal use. I could really care less about you trying to sell free info on ebay. It's just that ,you always come on here and tell everyone how you try to be informative and help out people who aren't as knowledgeable as you are on atv topics.There isn't any need to fax your co-workers, they work with you everyday.I'm sure they know you well enough. Getting caught, is what made you get off ebay, not a guilty conscience or the need to do right.

Old 05-02-2000, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Is that right well what I did wasn't illegal what you are condoning isn't legal, you ever heard the man without sin cast the first stone, noticed you didn't comment on how you were wrong about doing what I did being illegal, you should know what you are talking about before you down someone else.

Quick Reply: Take a look at what this UNPRINCIPLED OPPORTUNIST is selling at Ebay.